Dr. Saleh Mohammed Kagzi
MBBS, M.S (Orthopedics), FRCS (Ireland)
Specialist Orthopedics Surgery
- Dr. Saleh Kagzi has over 26 years of experience in the treatment and management of a comprehensive array of orthopedic diseases and specializes in variety of orthopedics surgical procedures. Dr Saleh has worked in UAE, India and UK treating major and minor orthopedic ailments, injuries and deformities.
- Prior to joining Zulekha Hospital he served in Pacific Medical College and Hospital, Udaipur, India. Dr Saleh was associated with Zulekha Hospital for eight years before moving to India. He had also worked in Umm Al Quwain MOH Hospital and Al Zahra Hospital, Sharjah. He has been a Professor Orthopedics, teaching medical graduates and orthopedics post graduates in Pacific Medical College and Hospital, Udaipur as a recognized Mentor and Guide from Medical Council of India.
- Dr. Saleh has completed his Master Degree in Orthopedics Surgery from a prestigious institution of India B. J. Medical College and Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad. He accomplished his training in Arthroscopic and Endoscopic joint and Spine Surgeries from various countries like USA, UK, Germany and Austria.
- He holds fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland, an Endoscopic Spine Surgery fellowship from Austria and Knee and Hip Replacement Surgery fellowship from USA & UK.
- Spinal Diseases and Derangement like Disc Prolapse( Sciatica), Spinal fractures, Spinal infections, Spinal tumors, Degenerative diseases (Spondylosis) of spine, Spinal canal stenosis, Spondylolisthesis, Spinal deformities- like Scoliosis, Kyphosis, Congenital Deformities of spine. In Zulekha Hospital, he is performing Endoscopic and Microscopic disc surgeries of Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbo-Sacral spine, Stabilization surgeries like Anterior and Posterior Instrumentation- PLIF, ALIF, TLIF, Corpectomy and Bone grafting, Surgeries for spinal tumors , Kyphoplasty and Vertebroplasty etc.
- Endoscopic Tumor Biopsy.
- Joint Surgeries - for the Degenerative diseases of Joints arthritis- Replacement surgeries of Knee, Hip, Shoulder and Elbow.
- Sports injury Surgeries- like Arthroscopic Meniscal and Ligament Reconstruction ( ACL, PCL, LCL , Meniscus etc.), Arthroscopic Debridement , Loose Bodies removal, Shoulder joint -Arthroscopic Rotator cuff repair, Sub acromial Decompression, Acromioplasty, Labral tear fixation/ stabilization Surgeries - for Recurrent Dislocation of Shoulder, Ankle Arthroscopic procedures for degenerative changes and Ligament Impingement, Osteochondral Lesion etc.
- Pelvic and Acetabular Fractures - Fixation and Stabilization Surgery.
- Peripheral Neuropathy -Nerve Decompression surgeries- Arthroscopic Carpal Tunnel and Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome releases.
- Avascular Necrosis of Hip Joint(AVN)
- Bone Tumor surgeries.
- Polytrauma and Complex Intraarticular and Major Fractures surgeries.
- Pelvis and Acetabular Fracture Fixation
- Osteotomy - Cosmetic bone deformity correction- Hallux Varus and Valgus, Cavus and Equines foot deformity etc.
- Osteochondral Autografting - Mosaicplasty Surgery for articular defects.
- Tendon Repair Surgery.
- Tendon Transfer surgeries- for Polio and Nerve palsy etc.
Research and Publication
- Efficacy of intraarticular injection hyaluronic acid in osteoarthritis of knee- a hospital based study-international archives of biomedical and clinical research 2454-9894/2454-9886.oct-dec 2017.
- Use of tranexamic acid to reduce postoperative blood transfusion in total hip replacement surgery-prospective study-international archives of biomedical and clinical research 2454-9894/2454-9886.jan-march 2018.
- Post-operative outcome evaluation of mobilization among operated cases of tibial fracture-international journal of medical science and education 2348 4438/2349-3208.july –Sep 2018.
- Association between tophus involvement of tendon and serum uric acid level-international journal of medical science and education 2348 4438/2349-3208.oct-dec 2018
- Minimal invasive spine surgeries series, comparative study - local anesthesia vs general anesthesia.
- Live demo surgeries-conducted various live spine and arthroscopic surgery demonstration for teaching young orthopedic surgeons for the benefit of orthopedics society.
- Ongoing prospective comparative study of spine surgeries in lateral vs prone position
- Ongoing prospective comparative study of spine surgeries- spinal anesthesis vs general anesthesia.
- Total knee replacement, total surgical blood loss- on going prospective comparative study- surgery with tourniquet vs surgery without tourniquet.