Dr. Roshan Koshy Jacob
MBBS, MD General Medicine, PGP Diab, DM Medical Oncology, DrNB Medical Oncology, ECMO, MRCP-SCE
Dr Roshan Koshy Jacob is one of the leading medical oncologists from India. Prior to joining Zulekha Hospital he was working as a Consultant Medical Oncologist in American Oncology Institute, initially for two years at Nagpur branch and then at Baby Memorial Hospital branch in Kerala, India
He has also served as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Medical Oncology in Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore, Karnataka. He was involved in PG teaching, patient management and Clinical trials. He has more than 10 publications during his tenure in the department.
Dr Roshan has been a Senior Resident in the Department of Medical Oncology in Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore, Karnataka. During this period he was posted as Clinical Observer in Cancer Institute Adyar, Chennai and Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
He has worked as a Junior Resident in the department of General Medicine and also as a Consultant Physician in Kerala, India.
He completed his MBBS from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru, Karnataka and MD in General Medicine from NITTE University in Mangalore, Karnataka. He completed his post graduate program in Diabetology from John Hopkins University, USA. After his post-graduation, he earned DM in medical oncology from Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore, Karnataka, following which he served in multiple hospitals in India. He holds a DrNB medical oncology degree, ESMO (European Society of Medical Oncology) examination certificate and MRCP - Specialty Certificate Examination (SCE) in Medical Oncology.
All through these years, he has gained vast experience in treating all solid and hematological malignancies across all age groups.
- Solid malignancies
- Hematological malignancies
- Targeted therapy
- Autologous Bone marrow transplantation
- Procedures: Lumbar Puncture, Bone Marrow Aspiration and Bone Biopsy, Liver and Renal Biopsy, Pleural & Ascitic Aspiration, Central Venous Line Insertion.
- Jacob RK, Kapurmath S V, Nandenavar M N, Novel single day premedication regimen for prevention of paclitaxel- induced hypersensitivity reaction , International Journal of Development Research Vol. 07, Issue, 03, pp.11936-11938, March, 2017
- Sharma R, Attar N, Rao A, Koshy R, Sakib M; Profile Of Leptospirosis In Acute Febrile Cases At Coastal Tertiary Care Medical College Hospital Medical Journal D Y Patil University 2011; Volume V-issue 1: 24-35
- Sharma R,Attar N, Rao A, Koshy R, Sakib M, Raghuraj; Central Pontine Myelinolysis Masquerading As Normonatremic Recurrent Cerebrovascular Accidents Medical Journal D Y Patil University 2012; Volume V-issue 2: 30-38
- Comparitive study of 24 hour urine protein and spot urine protein- creatinine ratio in patients with chronic kidney disease-MD General Medicine dissertation.
- Comparison of standard short infusion versus prolonged infusion of doxorubicin in relation to it`s cardiotoxicity and the correlation with b-type natriuretic peptide levels in south indian population–DM Medical Oncology dissertation.
- A Leukemic Dilemma- Rare case of ALK Negative Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (ALCL) In Leukemic phase- Poster presentation-ICC 2017.
- Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis (LCH)- A Retrospective Case series from single centre, paper presentation-ICC 2017.
- Jacob R, Karpurmath S, Nandennavar M, Angadi V. Comparison of standard short infusion versus prolonged infusion of Doxorubicin in relation to its cardiotoxicity in South Indian population. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. 2019;7(11):4298.
- Jacob R K, Karpurmath S.V, Nandennavar M, Angadi V. The correlation of doxorubicin related cardiotoxicity with B-type natriuretic peptide levels in South Indian population. Int J Med Res Rev 2019;7(06):452-460
- Angadi V, Nandennavar M, Karpurmath S, Jacob R, Donekal Y. Packed red cell blood transfusion practices review in medical oncology unit in a tertiary cancer center, South India. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. 2019;7(12):4433.
- Kausar M, Karpurmath S, Nandennavar M, Jacob R, Angadi V, Sekar A. Imatinib induced bone marrow hypoplasia in a case of chronic myelogenous leukemia. InternationalJournalofResearchinMedicalSciences.2019;7(2):627
- Angadi V, Nandennavar M, Karpurmath S, Jacob R. Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome in cancer patients : experience from a tertiary cancer center, South India. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. 2019;7(12):4790.
- Nandennavar M, Angadi V,Karpurmath S, Jacob R. Double malignancies : a clinicopathological and outcomes retrospective analysis from a tertiary cancer referral centre in South India. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. 2019;7(12):4449.
- Jacob RK, Karpurmath SV, Nandennavar M, Angadi V. Retrospective analysis of clinical manifestations and treatment outcomes of patients diagnosed with Langerhans cell histiocytosis from a tertiary cancer hospital in South India. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. 2020;8(6):2128.
- Jacob RK. I AM AND I WILL- Together we can fight cancer. MAR Oncology . 2021 Mar1