Dr. Ahmed Hamdy Ramadan
MSc and Medical Doctorate (MD) in internal Medicine , MRCP UK(I), Arab Board of Gastroenterology
Consultant Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Dr. Ahmed has more than 17 years of experience in the field of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Associate professor of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology at Faculty of medicine and Kasr Al Ainy Hospitals, Cairo University, Egypt.
- Former Consultant of Internal Medicine , Saudi Arabia
- Former Senior Specialist of Gastroenterology Hepatology and Endoscopy, MOH, Oman.
- Former Senior Specialist Of Gastroenterology, MOH, Kuwait
- More than 13 years’ experience performing GI procedures diagnostic and therapeutic OGD and colonoscopy.
- Managing all types of hepatic, biliary and GI diseases.
- Very good experiences in the management of viral hepatitis B & C and other liver diseases
- Very good experiences in managing diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, GERD and common medical problems.
- Management of gastric problems, IBD an IBS and treatment of liver diseases.
- More than 16 years’ experience in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies including emergency endoscopies, screening colonoscopy, polypectomy and gastric balloon for weight reduction
Research / Publications
As a faculty member, research is a very important aspect in our work, examples of publications : -
- Role of EUS and EUS – guided FNA in endoscopic biopsy negative GI lesions (EUS Journal, July 2017, IF 2:8).
- Role of MRI in the assessment of treatment response after RF and MW ablation therapy for HCC (March 2016).
- Methylene Tetrahydrofolate Reductase, TGF – I and lymphotoxin polymorphism and susceptibility to Rheumatoid Arthritis (Brazilian Journal Rheumatology June 2016 IF 1.08).
- Relationship between MMp – 9 and common Carotid Artery Intima Media Thickness ( Neurological Science IF 1.75).
- Degree of Hyper-dynamic circulation correlates with the severity of liver disease and predicts outcome in SBP patients in ICU (Open Journal of Gastroenterology IF 0.3) and published as a poster in the 37th international symposium of ICU March 2017.
- Serum adipokines in patient with NAFLD is there a role for predicting severity of liver diseases? (Internal Medicine, 2015, IF 2.4).
- Serum Fetuin A levels : are there reliable markers for hepatic steatosis and regional adiposity in renal transplant recipients? (Transplantation proceedings , IF 0.982).
- Underweight may be a risk factor for lower bone density in chronic hepatitis C infected male patients American Journal of Internal Medicine, 2015, IF 2.1).
- Irisin level in type 2 diabetic patients and its relation toglycomic control and diabetic complications ( Journal of diabetes and its complications, IF 2.95).