Dr. Sandip Ghosh
MBBS, MD, MRCP, CCT, FRCP, PGCERT
- Dr. Sandip has over 25 years of experience in the field of Endocrinology. Dr. Sandip has served as a Consultant in Endocrinology for fifteen years in University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, UK before moving to UAE. In UAE, he initially joined Rashid Centre for Diabetes and Research, Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, Ajman as Consultant Endocrinologist before joining Zulekha Hospital Sharjah. He has done his postgraduate training in Endocrinology from North Western Deanery UK leading to his CCT.
- Diabetes Types 1, 2 and 3 (diabetes secondary to endocrine conditions, pancreatitis and other pancreatic disorders).
- Obesity, NAFLD, metabolic disorders, lipid disorders.
- Thyroid gland disorders.
- Disorders of calcium metabolism
- Endocrine hypertension, resistant hypertension.
- Reproductive endocrinology
- Male hypogonadism.
- Endocrine conditions in pregnancy.
Research and Publications
- Coulden A, Chortis V, Smyth T, Salahuddin S, Hanif W, Ghosh S. A quality improvement project reducing adverse events and improving adherence to guidelines surrounding VRIII usage. BMJ Open Quality2022;11:e001612. Doi:10.1136/bmjoq-2021-001612.
- Sainsbury C, Wang J, Gokhale K, Acosta-Mena D, Dhalla s, Byne N, Chandan JS, Anand A, Cooper J, Okoth K, Subramanian A, Bangash MN, Taverner T, Hanif W, Ghosh S, Gkoutos G, Toulis K, Thomas N, Tahrani A, Adderley NJ, Haroon S, Niranthakumar K,. Sodium-glucose co-transporter-2 inhibitors and susceptibility to COVID-19: A population-based retrospective cohort study. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2021;23:263–269. https://doi.org/10. 1111/dom.14203.
- Wang, Jingya, Cooper, Jennifer M, Gokhale, Krishna, Acosta-Mena, Dionisio, Dhalla, Samir, Byne, Nathan, Chandan, Joht Singh, Anand, Astha, Okoth, Kelvin, Subramanian, Anuradhaa, Bangash, Mansoor N, Jackson, Thomas, Zemedikun, Dawit, Taverner, Tom, Hanif, Wasim, Ghosh, Sandip, Narendran, Parth, Toulis, Konstantinos, Tahrani, Abd, Surenthirakumaran, Rajendira, Adderley, Nicola J, Haroon, Shamil, Khunti, Kamlesh, Sainsbury, Christopher, Thomas, G Neil, Nirantharakumar, Krishnarajah. Association of metformin with susceptibility to COVID-19 in people with Type 2 diabetes. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 2021;, dgab067, https://doi.org/10.1210/clinem/dgab067.
- What are the characteristics of patients who do not get their glucose measured upon hospital admission? A clinical audit of emergency admissions to a major UK hospital over one year. AY de Bray, I Alonso –Perez, PG Nightingale, IM Stratton, SE Manley, F Evison, GV Gkoutos, GA Roberts, J Webber, S Ghosh, J Patel. (2018). Diabetic Medicine, 35, (Suppl 1) 149.
- What is the diabetic status of patients with multiple admissions to hospital? R Susarla, I Alonso-Preez, PG Nightingale, IM Stratton, SE Manley, F Evison, GV Gkoutos, GA Roberts, J Webber, S Ghosh, J Patel. (2018). Diabetic Medicine, 35, ( Suppl 1) 149.
- Distribution of glucose in emergency admissions who present with no prior ICD-10 code for diabetes. S Ghosh, R Susarla, I Alonso-Perez, PG Nightingale, IM Stratton, SE Manley, F Evison, GV Gkoutos, GA Roberts, J Webber, S Ghosh, J Patel. (2018). Diabetic Medicine, 35, ( Suppl 1) 156
- George Cross medal from HM Queen of Britain for services to National Health Service (NHS) UK.
- Quality Improvement project on Diabetic Ketoacidosis was awarded with RCP London Quincentennial lecture at Update in Medicine, Monday 8 October 2018, Birmingham.
- UK Diabetes Healthcare Professional of the Year award, Quality in Care Programme (QiC) 2017.
- Over 50 publications of peer reviewed papers and conference abstracts.