Ms. Eman Abdullah Yousef
BSN from Mansoura University, Egypt, Diabetes educator specialist certified from Fatima College for medical science Imperial collage London Diabetes center Abu Dhabi, Diabetes specialization in DM education certified from University hospital Dresden, Tumaini Institute, Germany, Certified Diabetes Educator course from Leicester University, UK, Diabetes Conversation map course from (American Diabetes Association) and Certified Insulin pump trainer.
Certified Diabetes Educator
- Prior to joining Zulekha hospital, Ms. Eman has worked in various government hospitals in Egypt (Mansoura University Hospital) and UAE (UAQ hospital, University Hospital Sharjah).
- As a Diabetes educator she is responsible to modify patient’s life style to control their blood glucose level by Providing Diabetes self-management education for Type 1, type 2, GDM, and Obesity, pre-Diabetes for inpatient and out patients.
- Her role involves Assess, plan, develop, implement and evaluate the individual and group education for adult, paediatric, their families and care provider, in conjunction with the Dietetic department.
- She also provides nutritional counselling for Diabetes, weight control and disease management, Educate and complete the screening for Diabetes complication to control Blood pressure, Lipids, kidney function, Ophthalmologist referral, foot screening for prevention of Diabetes complication.
- Follow up the cases till control of HBA1C and blood glucose level ,Collaborates with the Multi-disciplinary team and acts as patient advocate to ensure quality care is delivered , Work with new technologies which can help in improve the management include SMBG meters, Free style libre, I port, CGM(Ipro) , Insulin pump.
- Gestational Diabetes mellitus and post antenatal Diabetic counsellor
- Women with pre-existing type 1 or type 2 diabetes and pregnant.
- Pre Diabetes
- Diabetes Type 1 (Children & Adult)
- Diabetes Type 2
- All Diabetic technologies include all Glucometers, Free style libre, I port, Ipro, Insulin pump.