Dr. Jayachandran Thejus
MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DM (Cardiology), DM, FSCAI.
- Dr. Jayachandran has over 16 years of experience in the field of Interventional Cardiology and is associated with Zulekha Hospital, Sharjah since 2016. He has received his Masters degree from Government Medical College, Trivandrum (Kerala), MD General Medicine from Government Medical College, Miraj (Maharashtra) and DM Cardiology from Government Medical College, Calicut (Kerala).
- Prior to joining Zulekha Hospital Sharjah, Dr. Jayachandran was associated with one of the well-known and trusted group of hospitals, Meditrina hospitals, India, as a Consultant Interventional Cardiologist where he was awarded with the “Best Doctor Award” in 2015. He is a Fellow of Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions and Member of American College of Cardiology and a Member of European Atherosclerosis Society.
- His also served as Specialist Cardiologist at Medical College Service- Kerala, SGPGI- Lucknow, St James Hospital- Chalakkudy, Ananthapuri Hospital, Muthoot Medical Center, and Meditrina Hospital- Trivandrum, India.
- Coronary artery disease
- Radial coronary interventions
- Primary coronary angioplasty for acute myocardial infarction
- Prevention of heart disease
- Management of high blood pressure
- Management of high cholesterol
- Evaluation of chest pain
Research / Publications
Published various articles in Indexed Medical Journals. Few of them are:
- Atrial fibrillation in cardiac channelopathies. PMID: 19898657
- N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide and atrial fibrillation. PMID: 19165353
- Radiofrequency ablation in ventricular fibrillation. PMID: 18982132