Uro Gynaecology is a subspecialist branch of gynaecology and urology dealing with clinical problems associated with dysfunction of the pelvic floor and bladder, reproductive organs and bowels. Common pelvic floor disorders include urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and fecal incontinence,and trauma to the perineum during childbirth.
Women find it embarrassing to discuss the problems of urinary incontinence and prolapse. Evidence suggests it might take a woman many years before seeking help for these conditions.
Our experts have years of experience dealing with these sensitive issues. They provide a holistic care tailored to individual needs in a considerate manner.
The team of our leading specialists includes not only urologist and Gynaecologist specifically trained in this field but also have input from specialist nurses in managing pelvic floor dysfunction.
One of the challenges in managing these complex conditions is making the correct diagnosis, they can then offer a range of management options based on patient’s symptoms and taking into account their preferences.
- Urinary incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Mesh related problems (pain or erosion)
- Urinary fistulae
- Painful bladder / interstitial cystitis
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Urethral diverticulum
Procedures we undertake:
- Synthetic slings( TOT, TVT, TVT-O)
- Autologous slings
- Removal of synthetic mesh
- Botox to bladder+ Bulking Agent Injection
- Posterior tibial stimulation
- Sacral neuromodulation
- Bladder instillations for painful bladder
- Excision of urethral diverticulum