Dr. Khaldoon Abo Dakka
MS (Thoracic Surgery), MD, Syrian Doctorate Degree of Thoracic Surgery
Specialist Thoracic Surgeon
(Available on alternate Tuesday between 4pm to 6pm)
- He has more than 12 years of experience as a Specialist Thoracic Surgery in the Government and Private Hospitals in Damascus and Asswayeda Cities, Syria (Al Assad University Hospital, Al Eienaya Private Hospital, Al Mazraha Surgical Hospital).
- He has also worked as a Lecturer in the clinical training program of the medical students in the Department of Thoracic Surgery at Al Assad University Hospital, Damascus University; during preparation of his doctorate thesis.
- Various types of traditional and Thoracoscopic (VATS) operations of the chest, especially Lung cancer, infectious diseases of lung and pleura (empyema), lung volume reduction surgery (COPD), Pneumothorax, Pulmonary Metastasectomy and recurrent metastatic pleural effusions.
- Airways surgery (Tracheoplasty, Rigid and Flexible Bronchoscopy).
- Surgery of the mediastinum (Mediastinoscopy, Mediastinal Tumors such as Thymus and retrosternal Goiters, Esophagus Surgery, Thoracoscopic and opened pericardial window).
- Chest wall and diaphragm surgery (Tumors resection with Thoracoplasty, repair of chest wall deformities, and repair of diaphragm eventration and hernias).
- Chest Trauma.
Research / Publications
- “Evaluation of the role of surgery in the management of complex and complicated thoracic tuberculosis cases, and prevention of their late sequelae” It was his doctorate degree thesis, Damascus University 2012, and it was published in the Damascus University Journal of Health Science (ISSN 2072-2265) 2013; Vol. 29, No. 1:371-382.
- “Management of tuberculous Pleural Effusion” Accepted for publishing in the Damascus University Journal of Health Sciences (ISSN 2072-2265) in 2009.
- “The role of Mediastinoscopy in the management of lung cancer” Presented at the first congress of the German – Syrian Academic Exchange in cooperation with Marburg University 2006. Also, it was published in the Damascus University Journal of Health Sciences (ISSN 2072-2265) 2007; Vol. 23, No. 1:292-293.
- “Surgical treatment of lung cancer” which was MS degree thesis, Damascus University 2006. It was presented in the second congress of the German Syrian Academic Exchange in cooperation with Marburg University 2007.