Dr. Surendra Kumar Chawla
MBBS, MS, Mch (Plastic surgery)
Consultant Plastic Surgery
- Dr Surendra Kumar Chawla has extensive experience of over 17 years in performing various plastic, reconstructive, and cosmetic surgery treatments for various problems. Prior to joining Zulekha Hospital he has worked as a Senior Consultant Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon and Cosmetic Surgeon with Fortis Hospital, a tertiary care center in New Delhi & NCR, for almost 12 years.
- Dr Chawla also served as Consultant Reconstructive Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon at Max Smart Super-specialty Hospital, India. He also extended his services to other parts of India as a Visiting Consultant Reconstructive Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon at Brijlal Hospital and Research Center Haldwani Uttarakhand for eight years.
- Before his plastic surgery training he worked as a Senior Resident at the burn, plastic and maxillofacial surgery department of Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, which is one of the largest institutes for treatment of acute and chronic burn cases.
- Facial Cosmetic Surgeries, Liposuction, Hair Transplant and Rhinoplasty
- Gynecomastia ,abdominoplasty, Eye Lid surgery
- Microvascular reconstruction & Hand and Nerve surgery
- Limb trauma and reconstruction
- Maxillofacial Trauma and facial injuries reconstruction
- Oncoplastic reconstruction
- Burn and burn deformity reconstruction
Research / Publications
- First dorsal metacarpal artery adipofascial flap for dorsal defect of thumb" In Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery May 2004.
- Simultaneous use of two flaps for granulating area with extension contracture of elbow" International Journal of Burn in 2004.
- Proximally based adipofascial cross finger flap for volar defect of thumb published in Journal of Safdarjung Hospital.
- Co-Author of "Fibrosarcoma Scalp in a Nigerian Lady. A Case Report" published in An International Journal of Scientific Research in June 2021
Papers Presented in Conferences:
- APSICON 2004: "First Dorsal Metacarpal Artery Adipofascial Flap for Dorsal Defect of Thumb"
- NABICON 2004:
- "Two in One Flap for Simultaneous Resurfacing of Dorsal and Volar Aspect of Forearmin Post-Burn Contracture"
- "Management of Extension Contracture of Elbow with granulating Area Using Two Flaps"
- "Electric Burn a Major Cause of Limb Loss"
- Cancer Surgery Conference
- "Role of Tumour Polypeptides Antigen in Breast cancer"