Dr. Sherif Mohamed Mosaad Kamel
MBBCh, MSc, MD (Doctorate in Pediatrics and Neonatology)
Consultant Pediatrician and Neonatologist
- Dr. Sherif Mahmoud is a highly esteemed Consultant Pediatrician and Neonatologist with a remarkable career spanning over 33 years. Prior to joining to Zulekha Hospital Dubai he worked in Amina Hospital, Ajman. Through his unwavering commitment to child healthcare and extensive experience, he has significantly contributed to the betterment of countless young lives. From serving in the Ministry of Health (MOH) to assuming prestigious roles as a professor, Head of Department, and even President of a renowned international conference, Dr. Sherif has consistently demonstrated expertise, compassion, and leadership in the field of pediatrics.
- Dr. Sherif is an accomplished and experienced Consultant Pediatrician and Neonatologist who has worked in MOH, UAE. Dr. Sherif is a Professor of Pediatrics and worked in RAKMHSU for 8 years. He has also been a President of Pediatrics Society in Emirates Medical Association. He has completed an instructor course of NRP, and his main interest is in Neonatology and General Pediatrics.
- Dr. Sherif completed his MBBCh at Cairo University, Egypt and went on to do his Master Degree in Pediatrics. He received his Doctorate (M.D) Degree in Pediatrics and Neonatal Medicine from the same Cairo University. He has served as a Consultant Pediatrician in Cairo and UAE.
- Dr. Sherif began his Specialist career in a large teaching hospital (Matarya Teaching Hospital) which is a tertiary referral hospital that treats many high-risk patients, Dar Alshifa and Military hospitals. He then moved to UAE and worked at Saqr Hospital in RAK, MOH for 18 years. He served at Amina Hospital in Ajman as Consultant Pediatrician and Neonatologist, Head of Pediatric department.
- He is currently the president of Pediadubai International Pediatric Conference and has served as president, chairperson, international speaker, international coordinator and head of organizing committee of numerous national and international conferences.
- Dr. Sherif has received numerous awards including one of the best employee in Federal UAE during year 2013 by HH Sh. Mohamed Bin Rashid Al Maktom (Deputy President of UAE, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai) and Certificate of Appreciation from American and International Academy of Pediatrics AAP, IAP, Ministry of Presidential Affairs UAE, 2015.
- Dr. Sherif has undoubtedly emerged as an exemplary figure in the realm of pediatric medicine. With more than three decades of experience, his journey has been one of relentless pursuit of excellence, compassion, and innovation in caring for young lives. As a Consultant Pediatrician and Neonatologist, esteemed professor, accomplished department head, and visionary conference president, Dr. Sherif continues to inspire and influence the future of pediatric medicine, leaving behind a profound and lasting legacy in the hearts of those he has touched.
Dr. Sherif as Consultant Pediatricians and neonatologists has a deep and diverse range of special interests when it comes to managing various diseases in children. His commitment to providing optimal care and improving the health outcomes of his young patients leads him to focus on specific areas of expertise. Some of these special interests include:
- Neonatal Resuscitation: interested in managing newborns, especially premature infants or those born with complications, expertise in intubation & ventilation, umbilical vessel catheterization, exchange transfusion, lumber puncture, chest tube insertion.
- Infectious Diseases: managing various infectious diseases that affect children, such as pneumonia, urinary tract infections, meningitis, and gastroenteritis. He strives to diagnose and treat these conditions promptly to prevent complications and long-term health issues.
- Allergies and Immunology: manage conditions like asthma, eczema, food allergies, and immune system disorders.
- Childhood Development and Behavioral Disorders: managing childhood development and behavioral disorders, including ADHD, autism spectrum disorders, and learning disabilities.
- Gastroenterology and Nutrition: managing gastrointestinal disorders and nutritional challenges in children. This includes conditions like celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, and feeding difficulties in infants.
- Endocrinology: managing hormonal disorders in children, such as diabetes, growth disorders, thyroid disorders, and disorders of sexual development.
- Neurology: diagnosing and treating neurological conditions affecting children, including epilepsy, cerebral palsy, migraines, and developmental delays. Their expertise helps optimize treatment plans and improve neurological outcomes.
Research / Publications
- Member in Editor Board of Current View Pediatric Nutrition
- New trends in management of neonatal jaundice
- Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) in Childhood hemiparesis