Dr. Nilesh K Oswal
MBBS, D. PAED, MD (PAEDIATRICS), MRCPCH-UK, CCT-UK (PAEDIATRIC CARDIOLOGY)
Consultant Paediatric Cardiology
- Trained and qualified in Paediatric interventional cardiology from various internationally renowned centers in the world including Great Ormond Street Hospital, Evelina Children’s Hospital and Royal Brompton & Harefield hospital.
- Have experience of working in Paediatric cardiology for more than 12 years; worked in high volume and reputed center of India and UK.
- Extensive training and experience in managing children with complex congenital heart defects from birth to adulthood.
- He can perform a transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiogram to the highest standards. He has experience of treating children with pulmonary hypertension, arrhythmia, metabolic disorder and heart & lung transplant. His area of interest is Paediatric interventional cardiology and adult congenital heart disease.
- His particular interest in interventional cardiac catheterization for congenital heart disease such PDA device closure, VSD device closure, ASD device closure, balloon dilatation of pulmonary valve, aortic valve, PA branches, coarctation of the aorta, stenting of PA branches, coarctation of the aorta, inserting a temporary and permanent pacemaker, PPVI & more.
- He has performed more than 1500 cardiac catheterization and has been the primary operator for most of the cases. He has worked in a high volume center in India performing 1200 catheter per year and has worked in all three paediatric cardiac centers of excellence in London-UK.
- He also has an interest in adult congenital heart disease and has vast experience of performing cardiac catheterization for the adult patient with congenital heart disease
Research / Publications
- Published several original articles in national and international journal and authored a chapter in two books.
- A significant role in several research projects and has awarded a prize for presentation in national and international meetings.
- He has been a faculty member for teaching postgraduate students and nursing staff and member of the scientific committee for paediatric cardiac society-2019, India.