Dr. Chetan Prakash
MBBS, D-Ortho, DNB (Ortho)
Specialist Orthopedic Surgeon
- Dr. Chetan Prakash has worked with many prestigious hospitals abroad as an orthopaedic surgeon. He underwent advanced training in hip and knee replacements, revision surgery & hip resurfacing from the prestigious Cleveland Clinic & Euclid Clinic in USA.
- He has also completed a Fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Traumatology from Kanto Hospital Bruderholz in Basel, Switzerland.
- Dr Prakash performed extensive internal fixation in trauma deformity correction in poliomyelitis, limb lengthening, Ilizarov fixation, interlocking nails and various hip prosthesis.
- He completed his MBBS from LLRM Medical College in Meerut, India. Later on, he did his D.Ortho from Kasturba Medical College in Manipal and DNB (Ortho) from St. Stephens Hospital in New Delhi.
- Sports injuries including Knee – Key hole Surgeries.
- Ilizarov external fixator in poliomyelitis, limb lengthening and trauma.
- Correction of deformities in poliomyelitis, limb lengthening and ambulation.
- Interlocking nails for femur, tibia and humerus.
- Hip and knee arthroplasty, revision surgeries, hip resurfacing etc.
Research / Publications
- Dr. Chetan did his research thesis during his DNB Orthopaedic training - "Evaluation of limb lengthening in patients of post polio residual paralysis by Ilizarov external ring fixator". Publications in all international journals with wide appreciations.