Dr. Arif A. Adenwala
MS, DNB, FRCS, ICO (UK) Fellowship in Phacoemulsification and General Ophthalmology.
- He has worked as a Consultant, with Dr S. Natarajan, at the Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital, one of the premier hospitals in Bombay.
- He completed his Fellowship in General Ophthalmology and Phacoemulsification from a 200 bedded super-speciality eye hospital in India, and Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons UK in 2004. He holds an active registration and license to practice with the General Medical Council UK.
- He has received his Refractive Surgery training including LASIK and ReLEx SMILE training from Dr Rupal Shah from India who had performed the first SMILE in the world. He also underwent Refractive Surgery Training from European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons and American Academy of Ophthalmology
- He has conducted many Instruction courses and presented papers in many International conferences in the world.
- He was also recently awarded with Fellow from American College of Surgeons.
- He has also done a short-term Cornea Fellowship with renowned LASIK surgeon, Prof Seiler in Zurich, a Corneal Observership at the LV Prasad Eye Hospital in India, and a fellowship in Glaucoma with Dr Ramesh Ayyala from the Tulane University USA.
- He assisted Dr Michael Blumenthal during International live surgery work shop in Bombay, 2003.
- Topical Phacoemulsification with implantation of Multifocals, Monofocals or Toric IOLs.
- Refractive Surgery including FEMTO-LASIK,SMILE,PRK,RLE, Implantation of ICL etc.
- Management of Keratoconus including evaluation using PENTACAM and treatment with ring segments or corneal cross linkage.
- Pediatric ophthalmology including squint.
- He’s also into phacoemulsification, manual small incision cataract surgery, glaucoma surgeries, and squint corrections
- Participating in various research projects
Research / Publications
- He has written many chapters in national and international text books with Dr Howard Fine and Dr Luther Fry.
- He has presented papers in national and international conferences. He also did study on use of Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), as one of the recent investigative tool for patients with glaucoma.