Dr. Soha Mohammed Abdelbaky Talima (Soha Talima)
Specialist Medical Oncologist
Doctorate (Clinical oncology in adult and pediatric cancer)
- Dr Soha has more than 15 years experience in clinical oncology from prestigious clinical oncology department (NEMROCK), Faculty of medicine, Cairo University, Egypt where she was working there since 2004 till 2019.
- NEMROCK is one of the largest comprehensive cancer centers in Egypt and Middle East that deals with medical oncology and radiation therapy. It is a tertiary referral center affiliated with Cairo University. It recruits about 3,000 new cancer cases in addition to 10.000 follow up patients per year.
- Dr Soha was working as specialist and lecturer of clinical oncology since 2008 and as a consultant and assistant professor since 2013.
- Dr Soha is highly experienced in the treatment of adult and pediatric cancer by chemotherapy, targeted therapy and immunotherapy. She also has experience in radiation therapy of different cancer sites and its complications.
- Dr Soha is a member of the European Society of Clinical Oncology (ESMO) & a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- Breast Cancer
- Gynecological tumors
- Thoracic tumors
- Gastrointestinal tumors
- Hematological tumors
- Pediatric tumors
- Head and neck tumors
Research / Publications
- Soha Talima, Hebtallah Kassem, Nemaat Kassem. Chemotherapy and targeted therapy for breast cancer with hepatitis C virus infection. Breast Cancer 2019 Mar; 26(2): 154-163.
- Amal Ahmed, Heba Omar, Soha Talima, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphism in adiponectin gene of pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Asian Pac j Cancer Prev, 20(1), 139-143
- Mohamed AA, Aref Am, Talima S, et al. Association of serum level of vitamin D and VDR polymorphism Fok1 with the risk of survival of pancreatic cancer in Egyptian population. Indian J Cancer 2019. June; 56 (2): 130-134.
- S. Talima, M. Daly. Male breast cancer: NEMROCK cancer experience. ESMO. 2017 May 4-6 Belgim. Abstract
- Talima S, Khafagy H. Pathological complete response in obese patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer. Tumori Journal BGICS Abstract Book 2018. Vol 104.
- Talima S, Al daly M, Alhogaraty E.Axillary Irradiation in breast cancer. Does meticulous contouring make a difference? Tumori Journal BGICS Abstract book 2018.
- Mohamed G, Talima S, Li L, Wej W, Rudzki Z, ET AL. Low expression and promoter hyper methylation of the tumor suppressor SLIT2 are associated with adverse patient outcomes in diffuse large B cell lymphoma. Path.Oncol Res. Jul; 25(3):1223-1231.