Dr. Soha Mohammed Ahmed Abdelbaky
Professor of Medical Oncology, MD (Medical Oncology), MSc, MBBS
Consultant Medical Oncology
- Dr Soha has more than 16 years experience in Clinical Oncology from prestigious clinical oncology department (NEMROCK), Kasr Alainy Medical School, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt where she was worked from 2004 till 2019.
- Kasr Alainy Medical School NEMROCK center is one of the largest comprehensive cancer centers in Egypt and Middle East that deals with medical oncology and radiation therapy. It is a tertiary referral center affiliated with Cairo University. It recruits about 3,000 new cancer cases in addition to 10.000 follow up patients per year.
- Dr Soha has worked as specialist and lecturer of clinical oncology since 2008 and as a consultant and assistant professor since 2013.
- Dr Soha is highly experienced in the treatment of adult and pediatric cancer by chemotherapy, targeted therapy and immunotherapy. She also has experience in radiation therapy of different cancer sites and its complications.
- Dr Soha is a member of the European Society of Clinical Oncology (ESMO) & a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- Breast Cancer
- Gynecological tumors
- Thoracic tumors
- Gastrointestinal tumors
- Hematological tumors
- Pediatric tumors
- Head and neck tumors
Research / Publications
- Soha Talima, Hebtallah Kassem, Nemaat Kassem. Chemotherapy and targeted therapy for breast cancer with hepatitis C virus infection. Breast Cancer 2019 Mar; 26(2): 154-163.
- Amal Ahmed, Heba Omar, Soha Talima, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphism in adiponectin gene of pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Asian Pac j Cancer Prev, 20(1), 139-143
- Mohamed AA, Aref Am, Talima S, et al. Association of serum level of vitamin D and VDR polymorphism Fok1 with the risk of survival of pancreatic cancer in Egyptian population. Indian J Cancer 2019. June; 56 (2): 130-134.
- S. Talima, M. Daly. Male breast cancer: NEMROCK cancer experience. ESMO. 2017 May 4-6 Belgim. Abstract
- Talima S, Khafagy H. Pathological complete response in obese patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer. Tumori Journal BGICS Abstract Book 2018. Vol 104.
- Talima S, Al daly M, Alhogaraty E. Axillary Irradiation in breast cancer. Does meticulous contouring make a difference? Tumori Journal BGICS Abstract book 2018.
- Mohamed G, Talima S, Li L, Wej W, Rudzki Z, ET AL. Low expression and promoter hyper methylation of the tumor suppressor SLIT2 are associated with adverse patient outcomes in diffuse large B cell lymphoma. Path.Oncol Res. Jul; 25(3):1223-1231.
- Soha. M. Talima, Mohamoud H. Effect of chemotherapy on the nutritional status of Egyptian patients with breast cancer. Research In Oncology; December 2016
- Hanaa A, Noha Y, Soha M. Second Line Chemotherapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer; single institution experience
- M.Kamaleldin, M Al Daly, S. Talima. VMAT in locally advanced lung cancer; does it add benefit? Radiotherapy and Oncology. April 2016 volume 119, supplement 1, pages s783-784.
- Soha M. Talima, Moustafa AL Daly, Mohammed Hammam, Ahmed Bader. Children exposed to Treatment in Utero in Pregnant Patients with Breast Cancer; Experience from Two Large Egyptian Hospitals. Research In Oncology, 2018.
- Soha Mohammed Talima. Adjuvant chemotherapy for elderly (>65 years) breast cancer patients: a retrospective study. Cancer Biology 2018; 8(3).
- N.Y. Ibrahim, S.M. Talima, D. Y. Naguib. Obesity and prognosis in breast cancer; Annals Of Oncology. October 2019.