Dr. Keerthi Banavara Ravi
MBBS, MS (General surgery), MCh (Surgical Oncology)
Consultant Surgical Oncologist
- Dr. Keerthi Banavara Ravi has over 12 years of extensive experience in the field of Surgical Oncology. He is actively involved in diagnosis, active surgical intervention, and decision making for end-to-end patient care and management of various cancers. He specializes in open surgeries, minimally invasive laparoscopic surgeries, video assisted thoracoscopy surgeries (VATS), limb salvage surgery as well as Pediatric Oncosurgery.
- Dr. Keerthi also specializes in Cytoreductive Surgery and HIPEC for advanced ovarian / gastrointestinal cancers. Additionally, he has completed observership programme at NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTRE, USA in the division of surgical oncology
- Prior to joining Zulekha Hospital Sharjah Dr. Keerthi Banavara Ravi served at Vydehi Cancer Centre, a tertiary cancer center in Bangalore, India for more than eight years. He graduated from reputed Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore, India.
- Thoracic malignancies like esophageal cancers , lung and mediastinal cancers - VATS
- Breast cancer , sentinel lymph node surgery
- CGenitourinary cancers ( male and female )
- HIPEC for advanced Intra-abdominal cancers
- Head and neck, thyroid cancers
- Skin, soft tissue and bone cancers
Research / Publications
- Principal Investigator of ICMR project:
“Incidental Gall Bladder Cancer and other Pre-Malignant Gall Bladder condition in India towards early detection of Gall Bladder Cancer”. (2019 - till 2022)
- Principal Investigator:
“Single blind, randomized study comparing clinical equivalences of PD synth and PDS slowly absorbed polydiaxonone sutures for abdominal fascial closure following Elective / emergency midline laparotomy”.
- Is roux loop a solution to delayed gastric emptying following pancreaticoduodenectomy?
A single Institute analysis - [EMID : 26a92491afe45d29 ] ( 1st Author ) Accepted for publication in Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology on 23/02/21
- Is routine nodal dissection in early epithelial ovarian cancers required? Indian journal of Gynaecologic Oncology (2020) 18:102.
- Is routine nodal dissection in early epithelial ovarian cancers required?
Indian journal of Gynaecologic Oncology (2020) 18:102.
- Gloms caroticum - Our Experience in a tertiary care center. J Evid Based Med Healthc, 2349-2570/ vol. 7/ Issue 32 / Aug. 10, 2020
- Comparison of short term outcomes following open and laparoscopic resections for colorectal cancers ( 1st Author )International Journal of Research in Medical SciencespISSN 2320-6071/eISSN 2320-6012 int. j. res med sci.2017Aug:5(8) JULY 2017
- Functional outcomes following various reconstructive methods following various forms of maxillectomies – a tertiary centre experience ( 2nd Author ) International Journal of Medical sciences. pISSN 2320-6071 | eISSN 2320-6012Int J Res Med Sci. 2017 Mar;5(3):764-767 JANUARY2017
- Primary Chest wall neoplasm resection and reconstruction Indian J Thoracic Cardiovascular SurgIndex Scopus Indian J Thorac cardiovacsurg (2016) 32:184-188 DOI 10.1007 s12055-016-0435-4 JULY 2016
- True Parapharyngeal Space tumors – case series from a teaching oncology centre. International Journal of otolaryngology and head and neck surgery Index Copernicus IJOO- D-16-00239 JANUARY2017
- Role of Staging Laparoscopy in-upstaging CT findings and influencing treatment decisions in gastric cancersInternational Journal of research in medical sciences pISSN 2320-6071/eISSN 2320-6012 int. j. res med sci.2016dec:4(12) NOVEMBER 2016
- Role of staging laparoscopy to evaluate feasibility of performing optimal cyrtoreduction surgery in epithelial ovarian cancers International Journal of Research in medical sciences Index Copernicus and Scope Med. pISSN 2320-6071/eISSN 2320-6012 int. j. res med sci.2016dec:4(12) 5099-5102 NOVEMBER
- Marjolin’s Ulcer: A form of Chronic Non-healing Ulcer Indian Journal of Case Reports Index Copernicus Vol 2 Issue 3 Jul – Sep 2016 86 JUNE 2016
Predictive factors for loco regional recurrence and distant metastasis following primary surgical treatment of cutaneous melanoma
Indian Journal of Dermatology,Year: 2014 | Volume : 59 | Issue : 3 | Page : 241- 246