Mrs. Nafeesa Ahmed
M.Sc. (Foods & Nutrition)
- Nafeesa Ahmed is an Advanced Dietetic Practitioner with more than 20years UAE clinical experience in the field of Dietetics. Prior to joining Zulekha Hospital in 2004, she worked as a Dietitian/Deputy Catering Supervisor for 6years at the government-owned Rashid Hospital (DHA) in Dubai, UAE. Nafeesa provides clinical leadership to The Nutrition and Lifestyle Management Department of Zulekha Healthcare Group which champion’s clinical excellence and patient centered care.
- Weight Management
- Renal Dietetics
- Health Promotion
- Business Management – including Hospital Catering, Menu Planning, Budget forecasting and Analysis
She is an active member of:
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics, USA
- Indian Dietetic Association (IDA)
- Nutrition Society of India and (NSI)
- All India Association for Advanced Research in Obesity (AIAARO)
- Indian Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (IAPEN)
Research / Publications
- Regularly presents at International conferences on Nutrition and Health e.g.
- “Post-Menopausal Dietary Management” 8th International Conference on Clinical Nutrition, 2016 in Dubai, U.A.E
- "HIV/AIDS and Nutrition" National Convention of the Indian Dietetic Association (I.D.A) in Nagpur, India (January, 2007)
- Health promotion through nutrition articles via media channels e.g. Gulf News, Khaleej Times, Gulf Today , radio shows and health related talks for cooperate companies, health campaigns, community groups and schools.