Mrs. Nafeesa Ahmed
M.Sc. (Foods & Nutrition)
- Nafeesa Ahmed has clinical experience of more than 16 years in the UAE. Prior to starting at Zulekha Hospital in 2004 , she worked as a Dietician/Deputy Catering Supervisor for six years at the government-owned Rashid Hospital (DHA) in Dubai, UAE.
Research / Publications
- Conducted presentation at the 39th National Convention of the Indian Dietetic Association (I.D.A) in Nagpur, India (January, 2007) - Topic: "HIV/AIDS and Nutrition"
- Conducted presentation at the 38th National Convention of the Indian Dietetic Association (I.D.A) in Indore, India (December, 2005)- Topic: "Post Menopausal Dietary Management"
- Conducted 2 days workshop and was the guest speaker at the Installation of "Nutritionist Association of Vidarbha", Nagpur, India (17 & 18th July 2010 - Topic: "Nutrition Care Process in hospitalized patients"
- Contributed nutrition-related advice during interviews and published articles about food and nutrition for local newspapers: like Gulf News, Khaleej Times, Gulf Today and 7 Days newspapers.
- Presented talks on several local radio stations about Food, Nutrition, Diet, Health, prevention and /or management of health related problems
- Conducts health related talks for cooperate companies, health campaigns, community groups and schools.