Dr. Naeem Ahmed Farooqi
MBBS, MRCSEd, MRCSI, FRCSEd(NeuroSurg), UKCCT in Neurosurgery
Consultant Neurosurgeon & Spinal Surgeon
- Dr. Naeem Farooqi has over 25 years of experience working as Neurosurgeon & Spinal Surgeon.
- He is a British trained Neurosurgeon & Spinal Surgeon with acute & chronic pain management expertise. He has been practicing as fulltime Consultant Spinal Neurosurgeon in UK at University Hospitals of Stoke & Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Birmingham.
- Later in UAE he gained experience as Consultant at renowned Al Ain Hospital & Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC). He also served as an acting head of department at both Hospitals. He is in private practice at Al Ain and Abu Dhabi.
- Dr. Naeem completed his graduation & formal General Surgical training from Pakistan. He obtained CCST after completing advance training in Neurosurgery from UK national training scheme (NTN) at Yorkshire deanery. He further completed formal fellowships in Functional Neurosurgery (Surgery for Pain, Epilepsy, Parkinson, Spasticity & Oncology) & dual Complex Spine from leading institutes at Liverpool & Birmingham, UK.
- Arabic (Basic)
- Surgical & Non-Surgical Management of Acute & Chronic Neurospinal pain
- Interventions for neck & back pain using U/S & X Rays as outpatient & on day care basis performing Radiofrequency ablations, Nerve & Ganglion blocks for Limb & Pelvic pain, Intervention for migraine, Laser treatment of spinal pathology, PRP therapy for chronic back pain
- Peripheral nerve release & decompression including Carpal tunnel & Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Trigeminal Neuralgia & Facial Neuropathy
- Surgical treatment of cluster headache & Occipital Neuralgia
- Open & MIS operations for all kinds of Spinal pathology
- Decompressions/Discectomies/ Instrumented Spinal Fusions
- Microsurgical excision of Spinal tumors & Vascular pathology
- Surgical fixation of spinal fractures/ Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty for aging osteoporotic spine
- Surgery for infections
- Spinal cord untethering/ Cranio Cervical Decompression for Chiari & Syringomyelia
- Neuronavigation & Stereotaxy
- Comprehensive surgical management of Head Trauma, Brain Infections, Benign & Malignant Brain Tumors
- VP Shunt & Neuroendoscopy for acute & chronic Hydrocephalus
- Neuropathic Pain procedures/Neuromodulation like Spinal Cord & DRG stimulation.
- Epilepsy surgery Insertion of VNS, lesionectomy, intra cranial monitoring etc.
- Implantation & maintenance of pumps & Rhizotomies for spasticity.
- Deep Brain stimulation for movement disorders like Parkinson Disease etc.
Research / Publications
Journal of Neurosurgery (JNS) Spine (2006) 4:419-420
- Cervical Osteophytes: A cause of potentially life threatening laryngeal spasms
- Farooqi N, Doran M, Buxton N
Lancet (2006) Aug 12; 368(9535):617
- Uses of Errors: First Things First
- Farooqi N, Kouialis A, Brodbelt AR
European Spine Journal (2007) Mar; 16(3):399-404
- Functional outcome predictors in the management of spinal cord ependymoma
- Quigley G, Farooqi NA, Jenkinson M, Pigott T, Buxton N, Findlay G
British Journal Of Neurosurgery http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02688697.2017.1297363
- Closing the dura: dural hitching versus surgical and tisseel overlay graft in CCD for Chiari 1 malformation
- Michael Tonkins, Naeem Farooqi, Rohan Ahmed, Saurabh Sinha and Debapriya Bhattacharyya