Dr. Shyam Babu Chandran
MBBS, MD, DNB (MED), DM(NEURO), DNB(NEURO), MNAMS, CF (Mov.Disord), SCE(UK), FEBN(Denmark), FRCP(Edinburgh)
- Dr Shyam Babu Chandran was the first to have a Special Clinic for Movement Disorders and started BOTOX for chronic migraine patients. Over the years, he has gained vast experience in managing all kinds of neurological disorders including acute stroke, epilepsy, headache and movement disorders.
- Dr. Chandran completed Neurology training from the world famous National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) after his MD in Internal Medicine from the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research in India (JIPMER). After this, he was awarded Diplomat of National board in Internal Medicine and Neurology, and became member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Dr Shyam Babu Chandran completed a one year fellowship in Movement Disorders (Parkinsonism of related Disorders) from the prestigious SCTIMST, Trivandrum.
- He also worked as a consultant in Neurology & movement disorders in an 800-bed super-specialty hospital in Coimbatore (KMCH), India.
- Dr chandran has accomplished many distinguished fellowship from prestigious universities like Neurology specialty certificate (UK), Fellow ship of European board of Neurology (FEBN).
- Management of all types of movement disorders
- Botulinum toxin injection for headache
- Focal Dystonia & Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson´s disease
- Movement Disorders
- Acute Stroke management
- All types of epilepsy and seizures
- Demyelinating disorders like Multiple Sclerosis and allied disorders
Research / Publications
- Basu D, Pathak D, Shyam babu C, Koner BC Lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma with IgA paraproteinemia mimicking Waldenstrom´s Macroglobulinemia. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2004; 47(4):515-7.
- C. Shyambabu, S. Sinha, A.B. Taly, J. Vijayan , J.M.E. Kovoor Serum vitamin B12 deficiency and hyperhomocystinemia: A reversible cause of acute chorea, cerebellar ataxia in an adult with cerebral ischemia. J Neurol Sci. 2008; 152-154.
- C. Shyam Babu, P. Satishchandra, S. Sinha, D.K. Subbakrishna Co-morbidities in people living with epilepsy: Hospital based case-control study from a resource-poor setting .Epilepsy Research, 2009;86(2-3):146-52.
- Kulkarni GB ,Pal PK, Shyam babu C, Kovoor JM, Senthilkumar E. Osteopetrosis manifesting as recurrent bilateral facial palsy in childhood. Clinical Neurol Neurosurg 2011:113: 230-34.
- C Shyam babu ,P Satishchandra, A Mahadevan, V Pillai Shibu, S Ravishankar, N Siddapa, R Udaykumar, V Ravi, SK Shankar. Usefulness of stereotactic biopsy and neuroimaging in management of HIV-1 Clade C associated focal brain lesions with special focus on cerebral toxoplasmosis. Clin Neurol Neurosurg 2012.Nov 12. epub ahead of print.