Dr. Deepu Abraham
MBBS, MD (Paediatrics), DCH (UK), MRCPH (UK), CCT (Paediatrics & Neonatology)
Consultant Neonatology and Paediatric
- Dr Deepu Abraham is a highly experienced and skilled Paediatrician and Neonatologist with work experience in the United Kingdom and India.
- He completed MBBS from Calicut Medical College in 1998, and MD (Paediatrics) from the renowned Mother and child centre at Sree Avittam Tirunal (SAT) Hospital in Trivandrum Government Medical College in 2003.
- He completed his Paediatrics and Neonatology speciality training programme at the prestigious Imperial College & Chelsea and Westminster Hospitals in London and has gained entry into the UK specialist register.
- Dr Deepu Abraham has a substantial amount of experience in the UK across multiple Paediatric subspecialties, spanning well over a decade.
- He has also worked at VPS Lakeshore Hospital, Kochi, as a senior consultant in Paediatrics and Neonatology.
- Dr Deepu Abraham specializes in growth and neuro-developmental problems in children due to prematurity or birth difficulties.
- He also specializes in the long-term care of lung problems in premature babies and older children.
- Chronic lung disease management
- Neuro developmental follow up
Research / Publications
Dr Deepu Abraham has presented several papers at the Royal College (London) & International Conferences. A few of his presentations and publications are cited below.
- Oral presentation at Fourth Congress of the European Academy of Paediatric Societies, Istanbul, Turkey (2012). Survey on use of Caffeine in Apnoea of Prematurity in Neonatal Units Across England. D Abraham, P Rajagopal, E Curtis.
- Presentation at RCPCH Annual Conference at Warwick University, UK (2011). Kingella infections in children - a child with small ventricular septal defect and endocarditis. D Abraham, F Garbe, S. Dotse, P Venugopalan.
- The prevalence and outcome of babies with bronchopulmonary dysplasia in a UK tertiary neonatal unit. D Abraham, A Singh, SV Rasiah (2014). Archives of Disease in Childhood 99: A505
- A rare presentation of Malassezia fungaemia with liver abscess in preterm neonate. D Abraham, J Gray, S Rasiah (2014). Archives of Disease in Childhood - Fetal and Neonatal Edition 99 (Suppl 1) p. A54-A55
- Stridor in an 11-year-old child. D. Abraham, R. Karuvattil, M. Fitzpatrick (2013) BMJ Case Reports.