Dr. Laxmi Vijay Yaliwal
MBBS, MS(OBG), DNB(OBG), FMAS( Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery), DIPMAS(LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY)
Specialist - Obstetrics and Gynaecology
SURGEON OF EXCELLENCE
in MINIMALLY INVASIVE GYNECOLOGY
- Dr. Laxmi Yaliwal has over 18 yrs of experience in the field of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- During her professional career she has gathered vast experience in variety of Laproscopic and Hysteroscopic surgeries and has performed more than 3000 Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic surgeries.
- She has been trained by eminent Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Surgeons in India and has received Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgeries(FMAS) and Diploma in Minimal Access Surgeries(DipMAS).
- Dr Laxmi was a Senior Consultant , Postgraduate teacher and Head of Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at District Hospital, Dharwad, Karnataka.
- She has worked as Associate Professor and as Assistant Professor in the department of OBGYN at SDM college of Medical Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad.
- Worked as Assistant Professor in the Dept of OBGYN at MVJ medical college, Bangalore.
- Dr Laxmi was associated with Family Planning Association of India, Dharwad as a Honorary Laparoscopic Surgeon , Honorary Obstetric & Gynaec Sonologist for 10 years.
- Was a trainer for Laparoscopic sterilization procedure for Doctors.
- Was a Chief Obstetrician and Gynecologist at Dr Laxmi Women’s Hospital, Hubli.
- Worked as Registrar at KLEs Dr Prabhakar Kore hospital & Medical Research Centre, Belgaum.
- Dr. Laxmi Yaliwal can perform variety of Obstetrical and Gynaec Surgical procedures such as Non Descent Vaginal Hysterectomy(Scarless hysterectomy), Laparoscopic Hysterectomy(all sizes of uterus including big sized uterus), Myomectomy(laparoscopic & Open), laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy, Laparoscopic and Open Tubal Recanalisation Surgery, Perineal tear repair and reconstructions, variety of Hysteroscopic procedures- which includes myomectomy, polypectomy, septal resection and procedures for fertility reasons.
- She has experience in dealing with high risk Obstetrics and in performing lifesaving procedures during delivery.
- Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Surgeries
- Open and laparoscopic Gynecological procedures.
- Vaginal Surgeries.
Research / Publications
- Standardised Visual estimation of blood loss during vaginal delivery with its correlation hematocrit changes- A descriptive study. South Asian federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. Jan-April 2009; 1(1): 29-34
- Methylene Tetrahydrofolate reductase mutations, a genetic cause for familial recurrent neural tube defects. Indian Jr. Human Genetics. 2012; 18(1); 122-124
- Uterine Perforation withomental prolapsed in a case of unsafe abortion. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences. 2011; 2(3)
- Successful outcome of pregnancy with Aplastic Anaemia; A case report. Journal of Evolution of Medical & Dental Sciences.March 2013;2(12); 1758-1760.
- Ruptured rudimentary horn of Unicornuate uterus at 16 weeks of pregnancy; A case report. International Jr. of reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2013; 2: 248-50.
- Pregnancy outcome of a case with a rare chromosomal balanced translocation 46XXt(4:13). 2012 May; 6(4): 736-737.
- Cystic Hygroma: A differential diagnosis for increased Nuchal Translucency. Asian Jr. Pharmaceutical & Health Sciences. April-June 2012; 2(2).
- Successful pregnancies following Hormone replacement therapy in a patient with premature ovarian failure: A case report. Jr. Clinical & Diagnostic Research; 2012 February 2012;6(1); 118-119.
- Preoperatively diagnosed unruptured primary ovarian ectopic pregnancy. Indian Maternal & Child Health; 2012 Jan-Mar; 14(1).