Dr. Laxmi Vijay Yaliwal
MBBS, MS(OBG), DNB(OBG), FMAS( Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery)
Specialist - Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Dr. Laxmi has Over 11 years of experience in the field of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Worked as Chief Obstetrician & Gynecologist at Dr. Laxmi Women’s Hospital, Hubli,India and also associated with District Hospital, Dharwad, Karnataka, India as a Senior Consultant, Postgraduate teacher & Head of Department of obstetrics & Gynaecology.
- Worked as Associate Professor & Assistant Professor in the Department of OBGYN at SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Dharwad
- Associated with MVJ medical college, Bangalore as Assistant Professor in the Dept of OBGYN
- Worked as Honorary Laparoscopic Surgeon, Honorary Obstetric & Gynaec Sonologist at Family Planning Association of India, Dharwad and also was a trainer for Laparoscopic Sterilisation procedure
- Worked as registrar at KLE Hospital, Belgaum and Faculty for RCOG approved Basic Practical skill course conducted by Bharatbhoomi Medical Acadamy at Dharwad
- During her professional career she has gathered vast experience in Laparoscopic & Hysteroscopic Surgeries & has performed around 3000 laparoscopic & Hysteroscopic procedures.
- Dr. Laxmi Can perform variety of Obstetrical & Gynaec surgical procedures such as Non descent Vaginal Hysterectomy( Scarless Hysterectomy), Myomectomy, Urogynaecological procedures, emergency life saving procedures during labour and delivery
- Gynaec Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Surgeries
- Obstetric and Gynaec Ultrasound
Research / Publications
- Standardised Visual estimation of blood loss during vaginal delivery with its correlation hematocrit changes- A descriptive study. South Asian federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. Jan-April 2009; 1(1): 29-34
- Methylene Tetrahydrofolate reductase mutations, a genetic cause for familial recurrent neural tube defects. Indian Jr. Human Genetics. 2012; 18(1); 122-124
- Uterine Perforation withomental prolapsed in a case of unsafe abortion. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences. 2011; 2(3)
- Successful outcome of pregnancy with Aplastic Anaemia; A case report. Journal of Evolution of Medical & Dental Sciences.March 2013;2(12); 1758-1760.
- Ruptured rudimentary horn of Unicornuate uterus at 16 weeks of pregnancy; A case report. International Jr. of reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2013; 2: 248-50.
- Pregnancy outcome of a case with a rare chromosomal balanced translocation 46XXt(4:13). 2012 May; 6(4): 736-737.
- Cystic Hygroma: A differential diagnosis for increased Nuchal Translucency. Asian Jr. Pharmaceutical & Health Sciences. April-June 2012; 2(2).
- Successful pregnancies following Hormone replacement therapy in a patient with premature ovarian failure: A case report. Jr. Clinical & Diagnostic Research; 2012 February 2012;6(1); 118-119.
- Preoperatively diagnosed unruptured primary ovarian ectopic pregnancy. Indian Maternal & Child Health; 2012 Jan-Mar; 14(1).