Visiting DoctorBook an appointment
Dr. Uday Shankar
MBBS, DNB (Surgery), Diploma in Laparoscopy Surgery (France). Fellowship in Metabolic & Bariatric surgery
Specialist General Surgeon - Advanced Laparoscopy and Bariatric (Obesity) Surgery
- Dr. Uday completed his Post graduation in General Surgery from the Prestigious National Board of Examination, New Delhi. He joined the Christian Medical College & Hospital (CMC), which is one of largest tertiary hospitals and medical colleges in India, where he worked as Tutor and consultant.
- Dr. Uday acquired special training in Advanced Laparoscopy Surgery from prestigious IRCAD, France where he was awarded Diploma in Laparoscopy Surgery.
- Dr. Uday got a specialized training from Dukes University, Durham, USA in Revisional bariatric surgery for weight regain after primary weight loss surgery.
- He has more than 15years of experience in advanced laparoscopy surgery and has performed more than 250 bariatric procedures successfully.
- Dr. Uday special area of interests is Bariatric & Metabolic surgery for obese people suffering from metabolic syndrome (Diabetes, Hypertensive & Lipid Abnormality
- Laparoscopy Bariatric & Metabolic surgery.
- Laparoscopy hernia surgery for (inguinal, umbilical, ventral hernia).
Research / Publications
- Jejunogastric intussusception: An unusual cause of Hemetemesis; paper presentation Indian association of gastroenterology 2006.
- Clinical predictors of tuberculosis fistula in ano. Mensur Osman MD, Uday Shankar DNB, Mark R. Jesudason MS MRCS, SukriyaNayak MS, Benjamin Perakath MS FRCS (G). Poster presented at tripartite meeting ASCRS Boston, June 2008.
- Jejunogastric intussusception: an unusual cause of hematemesis: Samarasam I, Chandran.S, Shankar U, George B, Chacko A, Mathew G. Can J Gatroenterol.2005Dec; 19(12):735-6
- "A Tale behind Rectum": A. Mathew, Abraham, U. Shankar, S.V.Thomas, M.R. Jesudason, B. Perakath. Tropical Gastroenterology 2008.29; 2:103-104