Dr. Saajan Ignatius Pius
MS FMAS DMAS MRCS (England)
Specialist General Surgeon
- Dr. Saajan have over nine years of experience in General Surgery. He has served as a Specialist General Surgeon in NMC Specialty Hospital prior to joining Zulekha Hospital Dubai.
- He started his career in 2013 in the Directorate of Health Services, Government of Kerala where he worked in many Government Hospitals including Chowara, Chengannur and Varkala. At Travancore Medical College Hospital (Medicity) at Kollam, he worked in the clinical space as a Consultant Surgeon and as Academician in the role of Assistant Professor of Surgery.
- Throughout his professional practice he has overseen many General Surgical cases including hernias (both laparoscopic and open), gall bladder problems, laparotomies for various causes, cancer surgeries, thyroidectomies, varicose veins, pilonidal sinus, breast surgeries, perianal issues like hemorrhoids, fistula, and fissures. He is proficient in keyhole/laparoscopic procedures and other procedures involving Laser and Radiofrequency ablation.
- He received the MRCS degree from the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Dr. Saajan graduated from Government Medical College, Kozhikode and trained in surgery from Government Medical College, Trivandrum. He was awarded the best outgoing student in the Minimal Access Surgery (Laparoscopy) program from World Laparoscopy Hospital, Gurgaon, India.
- Basic Arabic
- Hernias - all types.
- Interested in the latest methods in reduction and reconstruction of Hernias.
Research and publications
- Abdominal cocoon: Precipitated by laparoscopic gas insufflation Co author Published in British Medical Journal CP2021; 14:e240024.MEDLINE INDEXED
- Determination of pathological pneumoperitoneum after laparoscopic surgery Co author Published in Turkish journal of colorectal disease 2021:31(1):62-64