Dr. Uday Shankar
MBBS, DNB (Surgery), Diploma in Laparoscopy Surgery (France). Fellowship in Metabolic & Bariatric surgery
Specialist General Surgeon - Advanced Laparoscopy and Bariatric (Obesity) Surgery
- Post graduate in General Surgery from the Prestigious National Board of Examination, New Delhi. He joined the Christian Medical College & Hospital (CMC), which is one of largest tertiary hospitals and medical colleges in India, where he worked as Tutor and consultant.
- Dr. Uday has performed a wide range of surgeries such as, Upper GI Surgery & Colorectal Surgery. He has more than 10 years of vast experience in advanced laparoscopy surgery.
- Dr. Uday’s special area of interests is Bariatric & Metabolic surgery for obese people suffering from metabolic syndrome (Diabetes, Hypertensive & Lipid Abnormality
- Laparoscopy Bariatric & Metabolic surgery.
- Laparoscopy hernia surgery for (inguinal, umbilical, ventral hernia).
Research / Publications
- Jejunogastric intussusception: An unusual cause of Hemetemesis; paper presentation Indian association of gastroenterology 2006.
- Clinical predictors of tuberculosis fistula in ano. Mensur Osman MD, Uday Shankar DNB, Mark R. Jesudason MS MRCS, SukriyaNayak MS, Benjamin Perakath MS FRCS (G). Poster presented at tripartite meeting ASCRS Boston, June 2008.
- Jejunogastric intussusception: an unusual cause of hematemesis: Samarasam I, Chandran.S, Shankar U, George B, Chacko A, Mathew G. Can J Gatroenterol.2005Dec; 19(12):735-6
- "A Tale behind Rectum": A. Mathew, Abraham, U. Shankar, S.V.Thomas, M.R. Jesudason, B. Perakath. Tropical Gastroenterology 2008.29; 2:103-104