Dr. Ayman Soliman
Consultant General, Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgery
Dr. Ayman is a highly experienced bariatric (Obesity) and general surgeon, and a professor of laparoscopic (keyhole) and general surgery. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and a Certified Surgeon of Excellence ( European Chapter, International Federation for the surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders).
Dr. Ayman earned his medical degree as well as his Master (2000) and Doctorate (2004) in General Surgery from Ain Shams University in Cairo, Egypt. He undertook further study at Louis Pasteur University in Strasbourg, France, where he was awarded a Diploma in Laparoscopic surgery (IRCADS-2007). He also joined Cleveland Clinic Florida - USA as Clinical research fellow(2010).
He has been practicing in the UAE since 2014, having previously worked in the USA, Austria, Saudi Arabia and Egypt.
Prior to Zulekha Hospital, Dr. Ayman Soliman was a Head of General Surgery department , Program Director & main Bariatric Consultant at NMC Royal and NMC health care for more than 3ys and completed more than 1,100 bariatric procedures
- Obesity Surgery (laparoscopic Gastric Sleeves, Bypasses , bands , Minibypass and surgery for Diabetes and metabolic disorders).
- General Surgeries eg. Gallbladder, appendix removal, etc.
- Open & Laparoscopic Colon Surgeries.
- Hernia , Ventral wall repair.
- Reflux and esophageal Surgeries.