Dr. Aws Khidir Jassim
MBChB, CABMS (Arab Board of General Surgery)
Consultant General Surgeon Advanced Laparoscopic & Bariatric (Obesity) Surgery
- Dr. Aws has more than 18 years of experience in the field of General Surgery and has worked in The Medical City, Bagdad a reputable Teaching Hospital in Iraq. He has also worked in many private institutions such as the Dijlah Private Hospital.
- Dr. Aws graduated from the prestigious University of Bagdad – College of Medicine. Sin ce then he has been a part of the Arab Board of General Surgery.
- He served as a specialist in General Surgery at Bagdad Teaching Hospital since 2005; with a vast experience in conventional and laparoscopic procedures.
- In 2010 he began performing the sleeve Gastrectomy procedure for morbidly obese patients with significant results. To date he has operated on more than 100 patients.
- In 2014 he was assigned as a Supervisor in the Arab Board Training Program for General Surgery, also assigned as a Supervisor & Head of the Department of Laparoscopic at Bagdad Teaching Hospital Medical City.
- Laparoscopic Surgery(Lap Chole and Lap Appendectomy)
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy for Morbid Obesity
- Laparoscopic Splenectomy
- Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy
- Laparoscopic Meshrectopexy for Complete Rectal Prolapse
- General Gastrointestinal, Endocrine, Breast and Thyroid Surgery
Research / Publications
- Laparoscopic Splenectomy using Vessel Sealing System
- Conversion in Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Drain versus No Drain in Thyroidectomy
- Direct port insertion in Laproscopic Surgery