Dr. Magdy Mohamed Allam
MBBCH, MD / Ph.D. in Endocrinology & Diabetes
- Dr. Allam had his MBBCH with honor from Alexandria university where he completed his residency program at Internal Medicine department, Endocrinology division, under supervision of a group of eminent professors. By the end of his training, Dr. Allam has awarded his Master degree in 2012, followed by MD/Ph.D in Endocrinology & Diabetes in 2015. Then he worked as associate professor of Endocrinology at Alexandria University.
- Dr. Allam advocates and practices patient-self efficacy & patient centered approaches. Upon this, he established the Endocrinology department at Noor EL-Islam Center of excellence where he spent seven years as a consultant of endocrinology. Also, he has established the endocrinology clinic in Alexandria University Students’ hospital
- Dr. Allam is an active member in many national and international organizations as European Society of Endocrinology, International Diabetes Federation, European Atherosclerosis Society & Egyptian Society of Endocrinology and Obesity
- Besides his international innovations & publications, he serves as an editor & a reviewer in many international journals. Also, he is a guest speaker & a chairperson in many national & international conferences.
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus & lipid disorders
- Thyroid disorders.
- Metabolic bone disorders including parathyroid disorders, Calcium disorders and Vit D deficiency
- Reproductive endocrinology including endocrine related infertility, hirsutism, polycystic ovary syndrome, puberty disorders & gynecomastia
- Pituitary diseases including prolactinoma, short stature and growth hormone therapy.
- Management of endocrine related obesity.
- Adrenal disorders including endocrine hypertension.
- Perioperative preparation & Antenatal care of various endocrine diseases.
Research / Publications
- Allam MM, El-Zawawy HT. Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus non-surgical remission: A possible mission. JCTE. 2019 Aug 16: vol 18,100206. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcte.2019.100206.
- Allam, MM, Elzawawy, HTH. Induction of remission in autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type three (APS III): An old drug with new perspectives. Clin Case Rep. 2018; 6: 2178– 2184. https://doi.org/10.1002/ccr3.1827.
- Allam MM and Elzawawy TH. Prevalence of subclinical thyroid dysfunction in coronary artery disease patients: relation to severity of vessel affection. Eur Heart J Suppl.2017; 19(Suppl G), G1–G8. doi:10.1093/eurheartj/sux040.
- Accepted paper presentation; “Remission in type two diabetes mellitus:
- factors associated with clinical remission in Egyptian patients” at International Diabetes Federation (IDF); December 2017.
- Poster Presentation; “Prevalence of subclinical thyroid dysfunction in coronary artery disease patients: relation to severity of vessel affection” at Cardioalex 2017 Annual Meeting in Alexandria, Egypt May 2017.
- Magdy Mohamed Allam, Samir Naim Assaad, Mohamed Ahmed Sobhy, Tamer Mohammad Elsherbeny. Predictors of percutaneous coronary intervention outcomes in clinically euthyroid patients with coronary artery disease. Eur Heart J Suppl. 2016 nov;18(Suppl H):H1-H7.
- Magdy Mohamed Allam, Samir Naim Assaad, Mohamed Ahmed Sobhy,
- Tamer Mohammad Elsherbeny. Percutaneous coronary intervention effects n thyroid gland in clinically euthyroid patients with coronary artery disease. Eur Heart J Suppl. 2016 nov;18(Suppl H):H1-H7.
- Poster presentation; "Effect of Percutaneous Coronary Intervention on Thyroid Function and Morphology." at the 86th Annual Meeting of the ATA in Denver, Colorado from September 21 - 25, 2016.
- Oral presentation; “Percutaneous coronary intervention effects on thyroid gland” at Cardioalex 2016 Annual Meeting in Alexandria, Egypt June 2016.
- Oral presentation; “Predictors of percutaneous coronary intervention outcomes” at Cardioalex 2016 Annual Meeting in Alexandria, Egypt June 2016.
- Assaad S.N., Sobhy M.K., Elsherbeny T.M., Swelem R.S., Allam M.M. Influence of thyroid function on the outcome of percutaneous coronary intervention in euthyroid patients with coronary artery disease. J Egypt Soc Endocrinol Metab Diab 2015; (Vol 5...number 3...).
- Speaker at CardioAlex 2015 scientific congress:” Predictive role of parathyroid hormone in Patients with Acute ST-Elevated Myocardial Infarction”.