Dr. Shaheen Ahmad
MBBS, MD Medicine (AIIMS Delhi), DM Cardiology (PGIMER, Chandigarh), FACC
Specialist Interventional Cardiologist
- Dr Shaheen has over 10 years of experience working as an Interventional Cardiologist and had an opportunity to hold different positions at various tertiary care centers in India. He served as a Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at Paras HMRI Hospital, Assistant Professor & Head of the Department at AIIMS, Associate Director Interventional Cardiologist at Jayprabha Medanata Hospital in Patna, India. He specializes in coronary and primary angioplasties, implantation of pacemaker, AICD, Cardiac Resynchronization therapy (CRT-P/CRT-D) and structural interventions such as balloon mitral valvotomy (BMV), BPV, BAV and device closure.
- Prior to joining Zulekha Hospital Dr Shaheen worked at Jayprabha Medanata Hospital in Patna, India. He played a key role in establishing and developing the cardiology department and interventional services at AIIMS Patna as the Head of the Department. He has presented cardiac intervention cases at Euro PCR -2023 in Paris. He is member of ‘Fellow of America College of Cardiology (FACC)’.
- Coronary angiography and Angioplasties
- Primary Angioplasties
- Complex Angioplasties
- IVUS OCT and FFR guided PTCA
- Rota ablation and IVL assisted PTCA.
- Renal artery interventions
- Structural Interventions like- BMV/BAV/BPV
- Peripheral interventions
- Device closure-ASD/PDA
Research / Publications
- Shefali Khanna Sharma, Shaheen Ahmad, Surender Kumar Sharma. Serum IL-6 level as a marker of disease activity in ankylosing spondylitis patients with pure axial involvement. Indian Journal of Rheumatology 9 (2014) 115-119.
- Ahmad S, Agarwal M, Ranjan R, Anwar R. Inverted Asymmetrical hypertrophy of left ventricle: Unusual variant of an uncommon disease. J Indian Acad Echocardiogr Cardiovasc Imaging 2019;3:36-7.
- Shaheen Ahmad, Dinanath Kumar, Birendra Kumar et al. Percutaneous Intervention in Intestinal Angina. Bihar Journal of Cardiology Volume 1 Issue 1 April 2018, Page no.- 35-37.
- Kumar A, Kumar N, Lenin D, Kumar A, Ahmad S. Second-degree Heart Block Caused by Itolizumab-induced Infusion Reaction in COVID-19. Indian J Crit Care Med 2021;25(4):474–475
- Shaheen Ahmad, Om Prakash Narayan Arya, Nishi: Nicorandil Induced Symptomatic Bradycardia in a Normokalaemia Patient. International Journal of Medical Sciences and Current Research; July-Aug 2021;Vol4;Issue 4
Case Presentation at
- National Interventional Cardiology Conference 2022 CSI-NIC 2022 AHMEDABAD
- CARDICON 2022, Maurya Complex, Patna, Bihar (India)
- Euro-PCR 2023, Paris