Dr. Mohammad Fayaz
FRCP (London), MRCP (UK), Dual CCT (JRCPTB UK) and MBBS (Peshawar University)
- Dr. Mohammad Fayaz is a consultant respiratory physician with the British Training Board dually certified in Respiratory medicine and Internal medicine.
- He has vast experience of working for over 20 years in teaching hospitals in the United Kingdom. During the service he had gained extensive knowledge and clinical skills of managing general and specialist respiratory diseases in the UK.
- Dr. Fayaz is certified in thoracic ultra sound and has performed several hundred diagnostic and therapeutic aspirations each year. Also he had led sleep service in Durham University Hospital, seen and managed a wide array of sleep disordered breathing patients.
- The management of Asthma/COPD,
- Pleural diseases
- Sleep disordered breathing (Sleep Apnoea)
- Respiratory infections including tuberculosis (TB)
- Interstitial lung diseases and Lung cancer
Research and Publications
- Case series on thymomas presentation, diagnosis, imaging and management which was presented at British Thoracic Oncology Group (BTOG) in Dublin and won first prize.
- Hyperventilation and pulmonary rehabilitation in COPD presented at ATS.
- Prevalence of pulmonary hypertension in patients who are coming for assessment of liver transplant in conjunction with liver transplant unit at Freeman Hospital.
- Case series of Heyde’s syndrome. Heyde’s syndrome is an association of idiopathic gastrointestinal bleeding with significant aortic stenosis presented in BGS at Cambridge.
- Comparison between efficacy of MDI+Spacer and nebuliser in the management of acute asthma in children. (JAMC, 2009)
- Prevalence of cardiomyopathy in Duchenne and Becker’s muscular dystrophy. (JAMC, 2008)
- Anaemia in children of Hazara division. (JAMC, 2013)