Dr. Medhat Faris
MD Oncology, DMRT, MSc Clinical Oncology, MBBCh
Consultant Medical Oncology
- Prof. Faris is an experienced medical oncology professor with strong professional education and UK training in Oncology.
- King Fahad Specialist Hospital Dammam, KSA as a Chairman of Oncology department 2012-2018
- The Royal Hospital, Muscat, Oman as a Chairman of adult oncology department 1998-2008.
- He is experienced in medical research worked as the Director of Medical Oncology Research at PPD, Cambridge, UK 2008-2012
- Professor of Medical Oncology Cancer Institute Egypt
Before joining Zulekha hospital he worked at:
- Early & Earlier detection of Breast cancer
- Breast Cancer management
- Lung Cancer management
- Renal and Prostate Cancer management
- Cancer screening and Prevention
Diagnosis and management of adult solid tumours with special interest in:
Research and Publications
He had participated in various international, regional and national clinical trials and has more than 70 publications and he is a reviewer of several Indexed Journals
- Prevalence of BRACA1and BRACA2 Mutations Among High Risk Patients with Breast Cancer. Abulkhair O, Al BalwiM, Makram O, Alsubaie L, Faris M, Shehata H, Hashim A, Arun B, Saadeddin A, and Ibrahim E J Glob Oncol 2018 Aug (4): 1-9
- Saudi lung cancer management guidelines 2017 AR Jazieh on Behalf of Saudi Lung Cancer Guidelines Association - Saudi Lung Cancer Guidelines Members1, Abdul Rahman Jazieh, , Medhat Faris Annal of thoracic surgery:12,4.221-246, 2017
- Correlation of preoperative Ki67 and CA15.3 levels with the outcome in early breast cancer. A multi institutional study abstract accepted in the 18th ECCO-40th ESMO European Cancer Congress 25-29 September 2015/Austria Vienna
- The prevalence of infection and potential risk factors of HBV and HCV among health care workers in South Egypt Cancer Institute in press PLOS ONE
- Plasma EBV DNA concentration correlates with FDG PET in Nasopharyngeal carcinoma treated with induction chemotherapy: published in Annals of Oncology, volume 23, Sept 2012 Supplement 9.
- Epidemiology and Clinical Features of Renal Cell Carcinoma, Experience of Single Institute: Oral presentation, Best of ASCO Cairo, Egypt, 20-21 Sept 2012.
- Preoperative Concurrent Chemoradiation for Patients with Rectal cancer, Experience of a Single Institute:Oral presentation in Best of ASCO Dammam, KSA, 12-13 Sept 2012.
- Neoadjuvant platinum containing regimen for locally advanced triple negative breast cancer: Pan Arab Jl of Oncology, vol 5; issue 2, June 2012.
- Shifting from FOLFOX-4 to XELOX, Cost Effectiveness in a Single Institute: Pan Arab Journal of Oncology, vol 5; issue 2, June 2012.
- Clinical Outcome among ErbB2+ metastatic Breast Cancer with Lapatinibcapcitabine after Trastuzumab progression: Role of early switch to Lapitinib (TYCO Study) CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium 2012
- Evaluation of the Prevalence, Pattern, and Management of Cancer Pain in Oncology Department, Royal Hospital. M. Faris, B. Al-Bahrani, A. Khalifa and N. Ahmad.
<>Published in The Gulf Journal of Oncology, Volume 1, No. 1, pp 23-28 Jan. 2007