Dr. Salim Victor Kanaan
Doctor of Medicine, MS (Physiology), Fellowship in Neurosurgical Oncology, Residency training in Neurological Surgery
- Dr Salim Graduated from American University of Beirut – Medical Center as a fully trained Neurological Surgeon, and the University of Texas – M D Anderson Cancer Center as a clinical fellow in Neurosurgical Oncology (Surgery on brain and spine tumors).
- More than 22 years of experience in the field of Neuro Surgery with vast experience in all surgical approaches and techniques in brain and spine surgery, and wide exposure to all central nervous system pathologies and diagnostic modalities.
- Member of many neurosurgical societies all over the world, including the American Association of Neurological surgeon and The American College of surgeons, Keeping up with new surgical advancements and staying updated with emerging modern diagnostic modalities.
- Special interests in brain and spine tumor surgery,
- Mastering intra-operative monitoring for maximal tumor resection and normal brain preservation, including intra-operative ultrasound, frameless Neuro-Navigation, and brain mapping techniques.
Research / Publications
- Part in many clinical and basic research activities, mainly in Neurosurgical Oncology, and contributed in many publications in Neurosurgery and in other fields of medicine.