Dr. Yasser Menaissy
MBBch, MSc, Medical Doctorate in Cardiothoracic Surgery
Consultant in Adults and Paediatrics Cardiac Surgeries
- Dr. Yasser has more than 32 years of clinical experience in Adults and Paediatric Cardiac Surgery.
- He obtained his Master and Medical Doctorate in General and Cardiothoracic Surgery from Cairo University, Egypt.
- He is a Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Cairo University.
- Head of Paediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery Unit at Cairo University Specialized Paediatrics Hospital (CUSPH) , Abu El Reesh, Egypt.
- Active Member of the American Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS)
- Active Member and reviewer of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS)
- Founding Member, co-editor and reviewer at The Egyptian Society for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (since 1993)
- Member and reviewer at the Egyptian Heart Society
- Member of the Egyptian Universities Promotion Committee Board for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Egypt (2013 until 2019)
- Fellow at Emory University hospital (Adults and Paediatric Cardiac Surgery) , Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 1999
- Fellow at Torino University in Cardiac Surgery (total arterial CABG, Aortic Aneurysm surgeries, Aortic and Mitral Valve surgeries), Italy,1997
- Adult Cardiac Surgery
- Open Heart Surgery for ischemic coronary artery diseases (CABG) ,off-pump and on-pump, arterial revascularization and minimal invasive techniques.
- Mitral and Aortic Valve surgeries including repair and replacement using biological and mechanical valves.
- Aortic surgeries for aneurysms , Bentall procedure and Ross procedure.
- Paediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Arterial Switch operation for TGA, Ross Procedure, Fontan, VSD and ASD closure.
- Fallots tetralogy repair, CAVC repair and Coarctation of the Aorta repair.
- Modified BT shunts, Glenn shunts and PDA closure.
- Thoracic Surgery
- VATS Surgeries , pleural and lung biopsy.
- Segmental resection, lobectomy and pneumonectomy.
- Comparison of Euro Score ii (European system for Cardiac Operative Risk Evaluation) and STS (Society of Thoracic Surgery) risk models in predicting outcomes of cardiac surgery In Egyptian Cardiac Patients, JCR, 2020.
- Total correction of Tetralogy of Fallot in the first 60 days of life in symptomatic infants. The gold standard, Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery, 2020
- Fifteen years follow up of the results of Mitral Valve Repair for Rheumatic Mitral Regurgitation, Structural Heart, 2020.
- Moderate Mitral Regurgitation with CABG in EF 40 or less: to repair or not to repair. The medical journal of CU, 2019.
- Rescue Cardiac Surgeries after Pediatrics Catheter-Based Interventions: a 10-year retrospective study. World journal for Pediatrics and Congenital Heart Surgery, 2019.
- Early outcome of Pulmonary Valve Replacement. Journal of American Science, 2019.
- Predictors of in-hospital mortality in isolated total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection. Heart Surgery Forum, 2019.
- Vascular Rings And Slings: a challenging Diagnostic and Therapeutic Rare Disease Entity. Journal of the Egyptian Society of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, 2017
- Midterm postoperative follow-up after surgical correction of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy in infancy and childhood. Jounal of the Egyptian Society Of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, 2017.
- Infective Endocarditis following Coil Occlusion of Perimembranous Ventricular Septal Defect with the Nit-Occlud (®) le device. Annals of pediatrics cardiology, 2016.
- First Egyptian experience in Bypass of the SVC using Autologous Spiral SVG. The new Egyptian Journal of Medicine, 2007.
- Modified Bronchoalveolar Lavage For Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis in Pediatrics and Adults. The medical journal of Cairo University, 2006.
- Coronary Revascularization using Bilateral Internal Mammary Artery Grafting in Insulin-Treated Diabetics, Early results. Journal of the Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery, 2006.
- Experience and early results of Endarterectomy, Extended Saphenous Vein Patching with Lima Implantation in CABG surgery for Diffusly-Diseased Left Anterior Descending Coronary Artery. Journal of the Egyptian Society Of Cardiothoracic Surgery, 2006.
- Post-operative Mediastinitis a Single Stage Management with Pectoralis Major Myocutaneous Advancement Flaps. Egyptian Journal of Chest Diseases and Tuberculosis, 2001.
- Pleuropneumonectomy in a Multimodality Treatment for Malignant Pleural Effusion. Egyptian Journal of Chest Diseases and Tuberculosis, 2001.
- Video –assisted Thoracosopic Surgery Versus Thoracotomy for Spontaneous Pneumothorax. Journal of the Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery, 2001.
- Left Ventricular Aneurysmectomy with Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting ( CABG) in patients with Left Ventricular Dysfunction, Journal Of The Egyptian Society Of Cardiothoracic Surgery , April 2001.
- Resection and End-To-End Anastomosis Versus Subclavian Flag Angioplasty In Coarctation of the Aorta in Infants, Journal of the Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery, April 2001.
- Tracheal Resection and Reconstruction Experience with 20 Cases, Journal of the Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery, 2001.
- Predictive Valve of Prosthetic Mitral Valve Area Index for Postoperative Outcome After Mitral Valve Replacement, Journal of the Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic Surger , 2000.
- Glomus Tumor of the Trachea, Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 2000.