Dr. Yasser Menaissy
MBBch, MSc, Medical Doctorate in Cardiothoracic Surgery
Consultant in Adults and Paediatrics Cardiac Surgeries
- Dr. Yasser has more than 30 years of clinical experience in Adults and Paediatric Cardiac Surgery.
- He obtained his Master and Medical Doctorate in General and Cardiothoracic Surgery from Cairo University, Egypt.
- He was a Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Cairo University.
- Head of Paediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery Unit at Cairo University Specialized Paediatrics Hospital (CUSPH) , Abu El Reesh, Egypt.
- Active Member of the American Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS)
- Active Member and reviewer of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS)
- Founding Member, co-editor and reviewer at The Egyptian Society for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (since 1993)
- Member and reviewer at the Egyptian Heart Society
- Member of the Egyptian Universities Promotion Committee Board for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Egypt (2013 until now)
- Fellow at Emory University hospital (Adults and Paediatric Cardiac Surgery) , Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 1999
- Fellow at Torino University in Cardiac Surgery (total arterial CABG, Aortic Aneurysm surgeries, Aortic and Mitral Valve surgeries), Italy,1997
- Adult Cardiac Surgery
- Open Heart Surgery for ischemic coronary artery diseases (CABG) ,off-pump and on-pump, arterial revascularization and minimal invasive techniques.
- Mitral and Aortic Valve surgeries including repair and replacement using biological and mechanical valves.
- Aortic surgeries for aneurysms , Bentall procedure and Ross procedure.
- Paediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Arterial Switch operation for TGA, Ross Procedure, Fontan, VSD and ASD closure.
- Fallots tetralogy repair, CAVC repair and Coarctation of the Aorta repair.
- Modified BT shunts, Glenn shunts and PDA closure.
- Thoracic Surgery
- VATS Surgeries , pleural and lung biopsy.
- Segmental resection, lobectomy and pneumonectomy.
- Total Correction of Tetralogy of Fallot in the First 60 Days of Life in Symptomatic Infants. The Gold Standard? Thorac Cardiovasc Surg , 2019.
- Rescue cardiac surgeries after paediatric catheter-based interventions: A 10-year retrospective study. World journal for paediatric and congenital heart surgery, 2019.
- Early outcome of pulmonary valve replacement. Journal of American Science , 2019.
- Predictors of In-Hospital Mortality in Isolated Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection. Heart Surgery Forum , 2019.
- Vascular rings and slings: A challenging diagnostic and therapeutic rare disease entity. Journal of The Egyptian Society of Cardio-thoracic Surgery, 2017.
- Midterm postoperative follow-up after surgical correction of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in infancy and childhood. Jounal of The Egyptian Society of Cardio-thoracic Surgery, 2017.
- Infective endocarditis following coil occlusion of perimembranous ventricular septal defect with the Nit-Occlud (®) Le device. Annals of Paediatric Cardiology, 2016.
- First Egyptian Experience in Bypass of the SVC Using Autologous Spiral SVG. The New Egyptian Journal of Medicine, 2007.
- Modified Bronchoalveolar Lavage For Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis in Paediatrics and Adults.The Medical Journal of Cairo University , 2006.
- Coronary Revascularization Using Bilateral Internal Mammary Artery Grafting In Insulin-Treated Diabetics,Early Results. Journal of the Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery, 2006.
- Experience And Early Results Of Endarterectomy, Extended Saphenous Vein Patching With LIMA Implantation In CABG Surgery For Diffusly-Diseased Left Anterior Descending Coronary Artery.Journal of the Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery, 2006.
- Post Operative Mediastinitis A single Stage Management With Pectoralis Major Myocutaneous Advancement Flaps. Egyptian Journal Of Chest Diseases and Tuberculosis, 2001.
- Pleuropneumonectomy in a Multimodality Treatment for Malignant Pleural Effusion. Egyptian Journal of Chest Diseases And Tuberculosis, 2001.
- Video –Assisted Thoracosopic Surgery Versus Thoracotomy for Spontaneous pneumothorax. Journal of The Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery , 2001.
- Left Ventricular Aneurysmectomy With Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting ( CABG) in Patients With Left Ventricular Dysfunction, Journal of The Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery , April 2001.
- Resection and end-to-end Anastomosis versus Subclavian Flag Angioplasty in Coarctation of the aorta in Infants, Journal of The Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery , April 2001.
- Tracheal resection and reconstruction Experience with 20 cases, Journal of The Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery, 2001.
- Predictive Valve of Prosthetic Mitral Valve Area Index for Postoperative Outcome After Mitral Valve Replacment, Journal of The Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery , 2000.
- Glomus Tumor of The Trachea, Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 2000.