Dr. Sivaprakash Rathanaswamy
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MCH - Surgical Oncology
Specialist - Surgical Oncology
- Dr. Sivaprakash is a Gold Medalist in MCH and has more than 8 years of experience in surgical oncology.
- After his Post Graduation from prestigious Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research – Chandigarh (India), he joined Tata Memorial Center; one of the leading Cancer Centers in Asia, as a Registrar in Surgical oncology.
- He was a Senior Registrar in Surgical Oncology at King George’s Medical university – Lucknow (India) & Apollo Specialty Hospital – Chennai (india).
- Before joining Zulekha Healthcare Group, Dr. Sivaprakash was associated with Apollo Specialty Hospital – Chennai as a Consultant in Surgical oncology.
- Gynecological Cancers – Ovary cancer cytoreduction, HIPEC, Wertheims hysterectomy, Laproscopic staging procedure, Fertility preserving surgeries
- Breast Cancer – Sentinel Lymphnode Biopsy
- Head and neck cancers – Laryngectomy(partial/total), Parotidectomy.
- Gastrointestinal cancers – Esophagectomy(lap/VATS/open), D2 Gastrectomy, Colorectal resection (lap assisted/ open), AP resection(Lap).
- Hepatobiliary cancers – Whipple’s procedure, Liver resections, Radical cholecystectomy
- Genitourinary cancers – Radical nephrectomy, Cystectomy, Penectomy, Vulvectomy
- Thoracic cancers – Lung lobectomy, Pneumonectomy, Metastasectomy
Research / Publications
- Original Research : (MCH – THESIS) Clinicopathological correlation of tumor thickness in oral squamous cell carcinoma – a prospective study of 63 early oral cavity cancer patients.
- Indian journal surgery 2012; 74 (3); 248 – 254.
- National Journal of Maxillofacial surgery 2013; 4 (2) 202 – 205.
- N at journal Maxillofacial surgery 2015; 6 : 21 – 24.
- Indian J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2016; 3 : 70 – 72