Dr. Rajesh Kumar
- MBBS, FCPS, Fellow of the European Board of Neurological Surgery (FEBNS)
- ADJUNCT PROFESSOR OF SURGERY DUBAI MEDICAL COLLEGE (DHA)
- Diploma is spine surgery (Arab spine & North American Spine Society)
- General Secretary Emirates Neurosurgical Society (EMA)
- With over 12 years of clinical experience in the field of Neuro Surgery, Dr. Rajesh Kumar is among the reputed Neurosurgeons in UAE.
- Dr. Rajesh completed his medical graduation in 2001 from Pakistan and started his fellowship training at Jinnah Post Graduate Medical Centre (JPMC) Karachi. In 2007 Dr. Rajesh started his Neurosurgery training from JCI accredited Agha KHAN University Hospital Karachi, Pakistan and was awarded as best graduating neurosurgery resident by faculty.
- During his association with JPMC & Agha KHAN University Hospital and Liaquat National University Hospital he was actively involved in research activities, scientific paper presentations, theoretical and practical demonstrations to undergraduate medical students and nursing staff. Due to his extensive contribution in patient’s management, dedication, hardworking and involvement in research/ academic activities he was awarded in Agha Khan University Hospital as best graduating neurosurgery resident in 2011 and also was later promoted as Faculty member (Instructor Neurosurgery).
- In 2011 Dr. Kumar qualified his FCPS (Neuro Surgery) from College of Physicians and surgeons Pakistan and worked with many prestigious intuitions like Civil hospital Karachi, Jinnah Post Graduate medical Centre, Agha Khan university Hospital, National Medical Centre and Liaquat National Hospital & Medical College in Karachi.
- Prior to joining Zulekha Hospital Dubai, Dr. Rajesh was working for 4 years with Rashid Hospital Dubai as Specialist Neurosurgeon. With his active involvement in medical education he was appointed as Lecturer department of surgery Dubai medical college and recently promoted as Adjunct professor of surgery Dubai medical college.
- Dr. Rajesh also has lot of international publications on head injuries, gunshot injuries, brain infections and spine disorder and was honored as best poster presentation on traumatic head injuries. In his career in UAE also he has been actively involved in Nursing education and Undergraduate medical education with presenting multiple papers in national conferences.
- Dr. Rajesh has been actively engaged in social wellbeing and community support programs. He has volunteered for earth quake disaster in year 2005 (Pakistan) and has managed very complex injuries resulting from natural disaster.
- Dr. Kumar is also involved in Arab spine Diploma education course and ECCC ELearning Spine Surgery Education Programme UK.
- Dr Kumar passed his European fellowship of neurosurgery (FEBNS) in January 2018.
- He is involved as Guest speaker with different CME activities in Rashid Hospital and Zulekha Hospital.
- He is member of world spinal column society, North American Society of Spine surgeons and Emirates Medical association Dubai.
- Back Pain, Sciatica, and Neck pain management
- Lumbar Blocks(Epidural Block) FOR back pain management
- Lumbar spine and Cervical spine surgeries
- Lumbar Spondylolisthesis and pedicle screw fixation
- Peripheral nerve decompression(Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)
- Pediatric Head injuries / Adult head injuries
- Hydrocephalus( Paeds and Adults)
- Normal pressure Hydrocephalus and its management
- Benign Intracranial Hypertension and its management
- Brain tumors, Spine tumors and its management
- Surgical management of brain stroke (Middle cerebral artery and cerebellar infarction)
- Furqan B. Irfan & RameezUl Hassan & Rajesh Kumar & Zain Ali Bhutta& Ehsan Bari Craniocerebral gunshot injuries in preschoolers Childs NervSyst (2010) 26:61–66 DOI 10.1007/s00381-009-0971-Y.
- M. ShahzadShamim, M. Zubair Tahir, Saniya SirajGodil, Rajesh Kumar, Arshad Ali Siddiqui - A critical analysis of the current state of neurosurgery training in Pakistan Surgical Neurology International Jul-Aug 2011 / Vol 2 / ISSUE 4.
- Syed Johar Raza a, Muhammad ShahzadShamim b, Saniya SirajGodil b, S. RaziuddinBiyabani a, Muhammad Ehsan Bari b,*, Rajesh Kumar b, Atta ulAleem Bhatti b, Saeed Soomro.
- Lack of improvement after audit assessing the management of voiding dysfunction in patients with spinal cord injury: Necessity for institutional guideline International Journal of Surgery , Volume 9, Issue 4, 2011, Pages 302-305.
- N Manzar, B Manzar, R Kumar , Ehsan bari The Study of Etiologic and Demographic Characteristics of Intracranial Brain Abscess— A Consecutive Case Series Study from Pakistan. World Neurosurgery, Volume 76, Issue 1, Pages 195-200, July 2011.
- Babar Khan, Rajesh Kumar, Furqan bin Irfan,Affan bin irfan,Ehsan Bari Civilian cranio cerebral Gun shot injuries in a developing country;Presentation ,Injury characteristics, prognostic indicators and complications. World Neurosurgery, Ms.Ref.No;WNS-12-657-R1.
- Babar khan,Zubair Tahir, Rajesh Kumar, Ehsan Bari - MelanoticNeuroectodermal tumor of Infancy; A rare childhood tumor (case report) May 2013, JCPSP.
- Muhammad Babar Khan, Muhammad Umair Bashir, MD, Rajesh Kumar& Muhammad Ehsan Bari, Surgical treatment of Symptomatic Chiari I Malformation: A consecutive case series from a developing country World Neurosurgery Quarterly WNQ-D-13-00047.
- F N Minai, R Kumar, F Shafiq, D Kumar - Outcome Of Traumatic Brain Injury: A Retrospective Audit - The Internet Journal Of Anaesthesiology, vol :32,No 2/2013.
- Muhammad Babar Khan, Rajesh Kumar & Syed AtherEnam - Thoracic and Lumbar Spinal surgery under local anesthesia for patients with multiple co morbidities: A case series Surgical Neurology International . 01/2014; 5:62. DOI:10.4103/2152-7806.130669.
- MohdUmair Bashir, Rajesh Kumar, Babar Khan & Syed AtherEnam - Enduring Improvement in Oswestry Disability Index outcomes following Lumbar MicorsocopicInterlaminar decompression: an appraisal of prospectively collected patient outcomes Journal of craniovertebral junction & spine.vol 6, issue 4, 2015.