Dr. Amarendra Narayan Prasad
MBBS, MD (Paediatrics)
- Dr Amarendra Narayan Prasad has more than 20 years of vast experience in the field of Paediatrics
- He graduated from the prestigious Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) in Pune where he also completed his postgraduate studies. He then underwent training at PGIMER in Chandigarh in Pediatric intensive care and Neonatal intensive care He has worked for 23 years in the Indian armed forces at various military and field hospitals.
- He also spent 1 year (2002-03) in Kabul, Afghanistan where he worked at Indira Gandhi Institute of child health under very difficult and challenging conditions (immediately after the 9/11 US attack). There, he also carried out social and community Paediatric work for the orphans and children affected by war conditions.
- He was a member of the teaching Pediatric faculty at AFMC Pune in 2013-14.
- Dr Prasad has joined Zulekha hospital in Dubai recently, starting from December 2014.
- General and Community Pediatrics with special focus on tropical and infectious diseases.
- Management of Pediatric Intensive Cases, including mechanical ventilation, peritoneal dialysis.
Research / Publications
- He has published numerous papers (approx 50) in various indexed International and Indian journals.
- He has written a book, based on Afghanistan experience, titled ‘Children in conflict zones-need for reappraisal’.
- He has presented scientific papers at various national and international levels.
- He has done research work on ‘role of nasal smear cytology in diagnosis of allergic rhinitis in children’ at AFMC Pune.
- He is referee for many Indian and International Pediatric journals including American academy of Pediatrics, Archives of Disease in childhood, WHO health bulletin, Indian Pediatrics, Indian journal of Pediatrics etc., and has refereed many papers.
- He is a life member of ‘Indian Pediatrics’.
Awards / Achievements
- He has been thrice awarded ‘Chief of army staff commendation medal’ for his distinguished service in Indian army.